Malkoff m61

And malkoff m61L.

Does anyone have beamshots of these im thinking about buying them, can’t find any clear beamshots esp compared to other flashlights

Thanks

Hopefully the beamshots included with these reviews will help you.

The ‘balanced, 4000k beams of light’ provided by the Malkoff M361-LMH drop-ins I have paired with Surefire hosts are the best I’ve ever seen by any measure!

Good luck!

1 Thank

Malkoff is an engineered light. The entire thing is designed from beginning to end.

2 Thanks

I really don’t like the fact that the output drops almost immediately. I’m looking for a very sturdy light that can output roughly 300-500 lumens for 4 plus hours. Looks like I’ll probably be going with zebralight sc700 instead

What product are you referring to?

According to that 1lumen website.

I’d like to get the 450 lumen model or possibly this one

It’s in the output range that I like.

I’m trying to figure out how long will the light run at full output if I was to get the 21700 body, with 5000 mah capacity battery?

Or will it only stay at full output for 1 hour before dropping down?

I got 4 hr 35 min out of my zebralight sc600 at a roughly 285 lumen mode

I’m looking for even more runtime and tougher light that’s why I’m looking at a mask off m61

He seems to use a buck driver with a pretty high dropout voltage for his drop ins so they’re not in regulation for long on a single cell. That and the small reflector due to needing to beef up an incan design for led use and it seems an odd product to have such a rabid following. If you need longer regulated runtime you need to use two cells

Anybody know how long the m61 head would run on a 5000mah without dimming?
Is it 500 lumens for 4 hours straight or more like 500 for the first 35 minutes, then another hour at 250, plus another two hours at 100?

It will run on full output until the battery, plus drop out voltage of the driver, reaches 3.8 V. Then it will go into direct drive. How long that will be I don’t know. Maybe an hour under regulation.

1 Thank