MANAFONT Tank007 E07 BLF Edition & The BLF Lanyard

Definitely in for one when it comes in. Osrams may not be the most efficient but they have some very nice tint and beam characteristics. Also, I didn't get the special edition Mr Lite.

I too find the choice of emitter odd, but as long as the light is easily opened up, I'll put my own choice of LED in it.

Enjoy having you here Dzy.

Good question! https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/2643 Cool

I remembered the clip but forgot you changed the LED. Ugh, that is more work than I’d hoped for. (and why OSRAM was the only option) I guess I’ll just wait for a rainy day to do it… :slight_smile:

Thanks Jim from all of us for your hard work on this project! We know it's not easy for you to deal with the manufacturers sometimes. We appreciate your perseverance. And thanks a ton for the thoughtful touch with the BLF lanyard! The lanyard was Jim's own creation that he's been wanting to surprise us with for a while now.

Cheers! Have fun.

Regardless, thanks Jim! It's pretty awesome to have a retailer cater to a message forum like this! Looking forward to the other lights.

So can anyone share what we should expect from this LED? I'm just curious about output since we seem to have covered the beam pattern and tint already (superb apparently).

The LY bin (if that's what they are using) is about equal to a Cree XP-G R2 or XP-E R4 bin: at 1000mA the emitter output is 286-300 lumens. If it is really a neutral tint, you will see less than that and of course the out-the-front lumens will be less than emitter lumens. But 200 lumens OTF should be doable. I have the AA-S1 which has an Osram LED in it and it has a nice beam profile, kind of fuzzy hotspot and a decent tint.

http://flashlight-wiki.com/Brightness_Bins

Wow thankyou very much to Jim for doing this for us! The light looks great, and so does that custom lanyard. Very cool! And thanks to Tank007 for all of the cooperation with BLF's picky needs hehe :)

Yay! I'm definitely ordering one! Thanks for all the troubles!

Edit: Oh yeah, I wanted to ask, is there a keychain ring or a hook at the end? I wanted to use this as a keychain light.

Thanks!

Thanks for all your hard work Jim! The BLF lanyard was a thoughtfull and classy addition! Thanks again to Mr. Admin for organizing another great custom torch!

mmmm Finally this light will have the pocket clip?

The osram emitter is one of the best reasons to get this light. It’s a chance to have something new that’s not another Q5 or XML. you have enough of them already don’t you? It’s also a neutral and it’s a nice chance to try a more neutral tint for not a lot of money. Makes it a little more unique, perfect for flashlight nerds.

+1 agree completely.

I'm not familiar with Osram, but it is neutral(of some degree??) and is customized with what sounds like great level spacing. Sounds like one heck of a deal to me.

Lights without a nice low or decent tint are a real turn off for me (pun intended).

True. I would have been less interested if it was just another LED flashlight with Cree led, I have too many torches XR-E, XP-G or XM-L.

These are his strengths (in my opinion):
- Can tailstand (yeah... very important for me :) )
- Osram emitter with multimode (a rarity)
- So little to be used as Keychain or, at least, EDC
- Neutral tint
- accepts AA alkaline and 14500 lithium
- Exclusive BLF customization
- Tank007 is a guarantee of quality

Thank you all :)

There was another similar initiative in the past? Is it true? What was the other BLF edition flashlight?

MrLite J4 ;)

Yep, we called it the "BLF AA-Y4E". It was insanely bright, good looking, biggish in size, and terribly unreliable since it was a new design. :( Mine is broken. Pity because it was insanely bright, even on NiMH and Alkaline.

Good point! I definitely agree, however, I was under the impression it was a dated emitter. I've actually been curious about Osram emitters and this is a great chance to try one out.

However, for the most part it's nice to stick to CREE emitters since I'm American and they're pretty much the only shot at having a US made component, haha. This is, of course, assuming they don't gradually move all manufacturing over to their Chinese plant (although I've read how they've significantly increased their workforce over here in the last couple years).