Manafont "Triple T6 Cree Circuit Board Driver" - Macros

RaceR86 wrote:

Anyone tried this driver in combination with a single XM-L2 on copper? (Do not blow one up for my sake)

What kind of current can be seen with 2 batteries in series.

I did in a Torchlite host. Worked good. Estimated that it delivered 4.5amps based on tail current. I've been wanting to revisit it and up the current. Probably down the road a bit though. I'll find the link and post it here in an edit.

EDIT: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/13941?page=11#comment-349501

Sounds about right when I think about it.

Werner shared some results here. 4,5A stock, then modded to 6,24A.

bdiddle pushed it even further here.

So it will probably work quite nicely with single XM-L2.

Can the Manafont version of this driver drive an MT-G2? What kind of max amps to the MT-G2 are expected?

-Garry

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/19371#comment-411082

(read post below too, comfychair did not seem to get the same results)

Max amps? Someone will have to try and find it out to be certain. I have a feeling it will handle an MT-G2 quite nicely after a little resistor mod too.

Also, someone needs to see if this driver will work with 3S and the MT-G2. I will eventually. I'm hoping the increased Vf of the emitter makes if possible. It's a tough driver, but I don't know if it's that strong.

ImA4Wheelr pointed out that my X7 seems to have came equipped with a TR-3T6 driver:

The light came stock with SST-50 and I swapped it for MT-G2. Considering nothing more than a simple emitter swap with a copper spacer added, the results were nothing short of spectacular:

As I have often said I like this driver a lot, I have also used this driver in a work light mod to drive 2XML2 with stock current.
I glued a copper piece on top of the FETs for additional heatsink

It’s simply has an awesome voltage range and very nice regulation. Only bad thing are the blinky modes.

What I always wonder are the drivers with similar look but absolutely different description, for example they are made for series LEDs…
I guess this driver could be the base of our dream driver.

FlashPilot - That was on 3 cells with a genuine driver (right?). I'm curious on the version Manafont sells running 2 cells. The Manafont version won't run with 3 cells, right?

Werner - is that the driver version Manafont sells? What is it's input voltage range? EDIT - I'm guessing the Manafont spec is wrong stating "8.4v".

-Garry

Link for the manafont driver you mean?

All 3t6 driver I have seen run fine from 5-13Volt…

I have also posted some tailcap measuring from the manafont driver in the 3t6 thread.

Same link as the O.P.

-Garry

Ah thanks Werner! And I obviously saw that post and commented too!

-Garry

It is dealextreme.com or DX.com the link is
http://dx.com/c/flashlights-lasers-999/flashlight-parts-and-tools-917/driver-boards-952

At the past time I always order flash light as gift to my customer from it to work as Business Ads for my TV repair business. Now I have another career as assistance job. I need powerful flash light to help me to work as over night security guard. At night time would be no TV repair customer gives me call and talk about their TVs so that no conflict with this job, normally I will go to my customer begin from 10.00—11.00am so that I can still get my sleep about 4 hours before I begin daily jobs. Both jobs are perfect running.
This DX.com, you can buy 3 sets of the same thing at cheaper cost to fix your flash light. Few dollars for a new board would be good deal than order parts to fix boards.
Now many famous manufacturers moved their factor to mainland China that is to help them shortened their electronic researching & study. Now mainland China product overcome famous products at more durable & lower cost and finally high advance technology, and few decades of years later even defense skill will also advance than western nations.
8 nations attack China will never happen again. Those National tried to sell illegal drug to Chinese people, but got blocked so that they alloy to attack China. It is an illegal war. Every Chinese knows that and remember hard in their deep Brain & heart.
Chinese people offer you cheap labor and exchange newer technology to make survive to them-selves that is work hard & study hard to open good future.

Thank you
A1tvyu
08-27-2013

Werner's posts (linked above) are great. Really good info.

There are a few versions of this driver. I tried 1S on one and it didn't work. Maybe I did something wrong (I hope). I haven't tried 3S yet, but I'm excited now. I was pretty sure I was just going to be frying another driver. Now there is more hope.

It is very simple thing: just needing…….You just need the right size that fix into the location and then connect correct polarity of the emitters - terminal onto the board- output terminals. Make sure good contact points at ± terminal from the battery. It should work every thing OK. Next you need to install sufficient output current to the emitter from the driver board. This rating you would be careful at the time you buy the driver board. All electrons from any board are the same thing at present scientific theory. Please don’t look it at as huge secret monster.

Thank you
A1tvyu
08-27-2013

@Garry - it looks like your question was answered. Im guessing they are all 12V compatible… at least lets hope so.

@Werner - thanks for the mod post. I have several of the 10W LED floodlights and have thought about building a few for 12V operation. Its interesting how well this driver works with 2 or 3 XM-L’s or an MT-G2.

Do you operate your floodlight from a vehicle?

Before adding copper, did the FET’s get hot enough to burn your fingers? Now Im wondering how hot they are running in my X7 with MT-G2 on 3 x 18650 (2.65A tail current/guessing 6.4A to the MT-G2).

3 of these drivers (yeah I know, a crazy idea) would drive a 3 x MT-G2 really well. lol! Now how to figure out how to disable memory and add 2 slaves to a master.

ohhhhh, that sounds interesting Flash.

In Germany you would strictly go to jail if someone mounts such a light on a car, every car you have over there would not be allowed to be driven here…all lights and so on need to be changed to one with an “e” approval for example…
The TÜV would get mad with some of the xenon hid kits and probably arrest the car…

It is in one of the 5$ floodlights from the Wallbuys Christmas sale, I am not sure if I posted it here or if I forgot it…nothing spectacular I soldered two xml2 T4 on one noctigon and glued that with AA in the floodlight, 3T6 driver, 2x18650 crap holder from FT and a switch. As so many other lights I have no real use for it, I mounted it on piece of wood as a stand and played a bit with it. Maybe someday I will need a nice work light. I also ordered 5 pairs of xt60 connectors, so I could use different energy sources.
http://imageshack.com/scaled/large/9/3vif.jpg
http://imageshack.com/scaled/large/834/06if.jpg
MTG could work even better because the big hole looks weird with the small LEDs, I used a bit alu tape to close the gap, but its ugly.

The FETs get hot and as I had enough space and a newtube Fujik I glued a additional copper on it, I guess it will not give a lot use as it is inside the isolated driver compartment but its just for my feeling. I never have measured temperature because I have a 3T6 with resistor mod which gets really hot and works reliable for a long time. Never heard that someone killed this driver, I guess it is strong. And if I am wrong it is a cheap exchange.

Thanks Werner,

LOL! Well I sure wouldnt use these as driving lights. Now that would definitely look mega-ghetto! :smiley: :smiley: (Besides, I have 200w of HID on the front bumper for that) I was thinking about mounting a pair of floodlights hidden inside my pickup truck shell pointing backwards (on a swivel) for adjustable stationary illumination. Basically, I would mount them inside the roof of the shell hanging upside down and backwards. Id drop the tail gate and open the shell lid before turn-on. Looks like Id have to go MT-G2 or 3-4 XM-L per floodlight if driven around 13.5V. I like your creation, but youre right: this would be very versatile if mounted on a stand.

Its nice hearing about all the positive comments on this driver. Has anyone identified a different MCU to swap with 3 mode h/m/l for this? Even better would be a 3 mode version of this driver.

The bigger problem is the software for the controller, and until someone makes it it will stay a dream.

The only software conversion I know, were the groupbuy for the trustfire BLF lights from Rey, the A8 driver is perfect, the mini drivers are not perfect.
Perhaps you should ask Rey or trustfire if they would make some custom drivers. But I guess it will stay a dream and I it’s no problem for me to cycle through the two additional modes.

I can’t understand it why they still have the blinky modes, maybe they have a contract with nanjg to sell some extra drivers…

I like having the blinky modes available. With the memory I seldom have to cycle through them. When I do, I just rapid half click whatever number of times I need to get to the mode I want. Doesn't even take a second. Some times I under or over shoot, but it's worth it to me to have them in case I need them.

Would be nice to really hide them though. I have a few of these drivers as this has long been my "go to" driver. I should see if I can read the MCU label on any of them.