Manafont Ultrafire Cree T6 3-Mode Memory P60 LED Drop-in Module (4.2V max) = $16.21

yeppers, wrapped in alum foil. Tailcap measuring 2.8 amp on my cheapie dmm.

Sounds to be a good one then...

I purchased half a dozen of those drop ins from Manafont they are a great deal. Make sure you get a accurate amperage measurement because I have seen this drop in pull well over 4 amps.

Test the amperage draw with a battery fresh out of the charger and make sure it isn't over 4 amps on high if it does you might want to run it on medium for a while before you go to high mode so you don't damage the emitter or driver.

They are great drop-ins for $16, especially since they have no strobe modes. Perfect bulb to drop into an L2x or other host. Glad you like it, welcome to the world of budget brightness!

It's been around for a while this drop-in, but it is fantastic. I'll go out on a limb and say that this is the best budget P60 drop-in around.

Amazing output, flawless tint, well spaced modes, emitter driven hard on high (good and bad!) and in my findings the driver is actually pretty decent when it comes to regulation. Which shocked me to be honest:

Linky

If it wasn't for the crappy implementation of PWM on the medium and low modes, I'd give it 10/10.

Enjoy Streamer :). You have yourself a very decent drop-in! Definitely wrap it in foil!

Many of the members here feel that this dropin , in a Solarforce host of your choice , is one of the best budget flashlight values .

And I'll include the 504b host too .

Or a 501a with an 18350 .

If only it had a higher PWM on mid and low... would even pay 20 for that. Some day we will get a seller/manufacturer to mass produce Tido specials. 25 modes free programmable in 4 slots... maybe it is time for a selfish PM. ;-)

Is it really, that a hard driven P60 dropin does not sag more than that?

I was surprised also, but it's the results that I measured in an enclosure.

Anybody who has this drop-in and also bought the cheap 5/3 mode 504b xm-l t6 ultrafires from DD? Does the output differ significantly?

I have both but can't remember.... no equally charged batteries at hand atm.

I've got about a dozen of these (sku 5720) and every single one pulls over 3.5 amps and about half of them pull over 4. Like E said; be careful on high, they're direct drive on high so . . . no IMRs for sure.

And . . . like Troop said; this drop-in turns any P60 host into a blazing, high performance flashlight. Just make sure the tail cap switch can handle all that juice and my experience has been that wrapping helps a little. More important is a host with some mass around the base of the pill or some other thermal pathway to your hand to wick away the heat.

A better solution is just use high for short periods. I've measured the exterior of a wrapped L2P approaching 155 degrees so, not a give-away light to a non-flashaholic.

Foy

After reading Foy's post above, I just had to cofirm.... so I went out to the garage and snagged a couple lengths of heavy copper wire.

Sure enough, instead of the original 2.8 amps I got in my original post with the Harbor Freight DMM leads, the heavy copper gave me 3.78 amps on a TrustFire Flame 3000.... mUHoohhahahahahhaha !!!!

Play with fire guys, but just don't get burned...LOL

Now, what do I do for decent leads on this DMM? Guess I'll make some when I get a chance.

I would be very happy if this was really the case with the dropin. I have one, bought in the manafont promotion a year ago.

I'm very skeptical of that almost linear up to 55min mark output. How it was made anyway? Looks liek it employs almost a buck boost driver to have such a performance which is higly unlikely.

I would actually expect a graph curvature similar to this one without taking even heating in account.

Was the measurement data really that way or is it a rough estimate? Looks better than many commerical high dollar flashlight drivers ar capable of.

by old4570...

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/4621?destination=node%2F5348&bc87_name=78

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/1108

A thread of tailcap amp measurements...

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/72495

I have this drop in wrapped in copper and inside a SolarForce L2P and love it.

I still don't understand, looks pricey, is not even with CC, what driver use any pic? You describe it as magic all that looks weird for me, that driver is not available anywhere?

Here is a picture of the driver, it uses the same one as the UF-980L and the MCU C-88.

The big deal is the price per lumen value 800 plus lumen for $16 dollars and no stupid flashy modes.

I was happy to pay a few extra bucks for memory and no silly flashy modes out of the 4 i brought they all had great tint's and well spaced l,m & h's, but on one of my solaforce host i did have to swap a switch for the drop in to work

The data used to build that graph is real, taken from a Canon camera running CHDK firmware. Every 2 seconds it will measure overall brightness and log the figure.

I am also quite suspicious. As another runtime chart I made showed that a cheap $10 light also was able to achieve unbelievable regulation.

Has anyone else got a runtime chart to compare?

Price started at 13.xx by the way. I won't buy anymore at this higher price. It got popular and they raised it a few bucks.