Manker developed a Zoom with NO MOVING PARTS (updated info)

That sounds a lot less convenient than just pressing an extra button.

Please don’t mind me ranting about my personal preference :beer: I think there is certain element of elegance in Andruil UI, and am amazed by how many functions it provides.

Yeah, definitely.

M4D M4X, Any news on this intriguing flashlight, like when will it be available?

This!

Any updates on this light? When will it be available and for how much?

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/62979/218

i will ask when Manker is back

Liquid lenses have very small working area. Unless the tech improved a lot, it’s not a good option.

It will be interesting to get hold of one of these to take a look. The beam pattern in both flood and spot in the videos in the original post looks pretty good for a zoomie.

And unlike a zoomie using other technologies, one advantage of a liquid crystal lens should be that the lens can effectively turn into a flat lens when not activated.

Cool Fall Tri-V (premium EDC light with flood, normal and throwy emitters) was introduced in 2009 …

please keep the topic ;)

Manker developed something that changes the beamshape of a single LED

Sorry. I’ve been hoping for years to see affordable, compact lights with a variable beam shape appear on the market.
I’m very happy that Manker is sharing this development which could lead in that direction.

$5195.00 :open_mouth:

Is the development for this light ongoing or aborted? Would love to hear about it if there is any update.

Yeah, that’s the price for the cost cutted version without glass in front of the mule LED :smiling_imp: .

Else it’s beautiful.

I’ll buy it for sure if it’s $600 or less

My goodness that’s more costly than all my flashlights.

Wow this concept looks interesting! Any updates?

Back in July, I heard that Manker has got the patent on this flashlight tech. Other than that, haven’t heard anything new, not in BLF, CPF, Reddit, or Chinese forums.

I hope to see one in a body similar to MK37, SBT90.2, and Anduril UI.
Not sure if SBT90.2 is possible though, datasheet says the LC lens has 85-90% efficiency and max operation temperature of 80C.10-15% lost at 5000lm might generate too much heat for the LC lens to handle, and there is no way to measure the temperature on the lens for thermal regulation.

i got no updates ...

could be some form of switchable glass - Google Search placed in front of the TIR