Manker E02II emitter swap in non destructive way.

The PCB for the battery pops out.

seems interesting

PCB is ordinary two-sided with vias under emitter and gold plating.

Yeap, almost Zebralight , not ;))

Its a AAA light, its not exactly pumping out the heat

I measured ~173mA on Low and 630mA on High @1,3V which gives 0,225W and 0,819W respectively. And this is total power consumption.
Subtract from this assumed let’s say 20% light emitting efficiency, and for my taste this is still enough to serve this diode without aluPCB :slight_smile:
Maybe on lithium cell on turbo numbers would skyrocket, but I have no intend to use it that way. And if I had, and if I remember correctly there’s
some temperature stepdown implemented.

I haven’t measured the current on mine. However, your numbers line up pretty well with my runtimes. The SST-20 in mine might pull a touch more on high but right in the ballpark. Over the past couple of years it has been rock solid reliable. Never worry about temp. Only use niMh. Excellent task light. Also great for walking the pooches in a neighborhood where I need to be able to see ice and pavement imperfections as well as be able to see to pick up the doo doo. I don’t need to see out 100 meters and don’t want to disturb my neighbors.

Looks like really nice headlamp for NiMh generation. ;))

Yep :wink: and I will gladly consider some other lightweight options if You can recommend something that doesn’t cost an arm and leg :slight_smile:

Sofirn HS10 is easy to mod.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803361778447.html

I posted a thread about it here:

I got HS10 and it’s ok for me with 4000K stock one :slight_smile: The only downside is i don’t have couple spare 16340’s, but I have a lot of nimh AAA’s :slight_smile:
And on today’s running it flated out couple mins before end :wink: But yep, it’s still a great light and one of my favourite ones, and first choices.
I also like my H04 with 519A, but it is a heavier caliber, especially for running, but first choice for mountain hikes :slight_smile:

I use mine enough to where I keep a separate set of 4 AAA NiMh just for the E02 II. After a year or so it seems that the IR gets to a point where the E02 II is just too hard on them on anything but the ecco modes or low. Many won’t do turbo at all. Some will do turbo only when fully charged. When that starts happening again I will just get another fresh set of AAA. Love the light that much.

I can recommend the ikea’s cheapo ones 750mAh, got one genuine eneloop and it measures the same. They cost $5 for 4.

It worked! Thanks so much for the info, very helpful. I used a pan on the stove to heat the head face down instead, then the optic popped right out.

You pushed it out from behind or levered it out from the front?

Pushed it out from behind. I tried without heat the first time and it wouldn’t budge, but heating it up a little did the trick. You can get a surprisingly large flathead screwdriver in there

Nice! Really great to hear this!
What emitter did You put into?

I was torn between a 3000K 219B and a dedomed 4000K 519A. I went for the 519A as the lower Vf should be slightly more efficient with this boost driver (i’m using NiMh). At least I think that’s how boost drivers work…

I will eventually put 3000K SST20 or just 519A 3500 or 4000k - still waiting for them.
And yep, lower Vf would suggest higher efficiency, but not only. And it does not really matters for emitter if it’s buck or boost, but buck converters are generally more efficient :slight_smile:

Great! The one I ordered a while back still hasn’t arrived and I’m away for 4 weeks for woro soon, so unlikely to see it for another month :person_facepalming: