Manker F14 Dual Beam EDC Torch Review

Manker kindly sent the F14 for review.

Here is my review:

2 Thanks

I look this light the same way I look at a Tesla, its super cool but I would never buy one.

As always, excellent review. Unbiased and objective.

2 Thanks

Thank you!

I’d guess that the target audience is very niche (a subset of the EDC community?). It would be cool to see some titanium and/or copper versions for EDC collections.

I’m intrigued by the square lights, but as-is I would not buy this one unless:

• the batteries were easily replaceable (1)
  • a switch for each channel (1)
  • the flood channel was really floody, like beaded TIR (1)
  • the throw channel had the same CCT as the flood channel (1) so …
  • both channels could be used at the same time for a hybrid between flood / throw shape (and the tint actually looks nice)
  • switches were on the side, i would never hold a light like that

(1) The Wuben L1 got some of these things right, but the CRI/CCTs were not matched between the 519A and SST40, it has poor regulation … and its obviously not square.

Again they are using LH351D, which is a hard pass for me. It is floody though. A 519A in beaded TIR would be nicer.

I think two switches like the L1 would greatly simplify the UI (they would have identical behavior).

1 Thank

Perhaps an amber NM1 and a 2700K 519A with dcfix would work.

Great review! :smiley:

1 Thank

Another possibility might be SFT40 5000K & 519A 5000K, there will be a difference in Duv/CRI and SFT40 less throwy vs NM1 … if there was ever a SFT40 4000K 90CRI then 519A 4000K as companion …

1 Thank

Good luck trying to mod this light. There are no screws (except for the belt clip). Everything looks to be press fit from the front and the back and might also be glued.

I haven’t attempted to mod mine. I suspect any attempt would likely scratch up the anodizing. Like the Imalent LD70, there is no obvious way to disassemble it. So swapping emitter, disabling the magnets, or changing the battery might not be possible.

On the upside:

• the UI is good
  • having 2 different beam patterns is nice
  • the leds chosen are adequate
  • appears to work with ALL usb-c cables.
1 Thank

Acebeam M2 seems to be a better fit for me. Replaceable battery, triple 519A 5000K, not sure what the thowy thing is. They have a selector for flood / throw channel, which may make the UI simpler (we’ll see).