MAO TS10V2 4000K First Impressions

Super happy w the Tint and 50% FET firmware 0000-2024-04-20.

The MAO finish is Very nice, it is matte and uniform.

Arrived in Advanced mode with bright red Aux, I did a factory reset.

Light defaults to Simple Mode in Smooth Ramping
Battery check reports one time, blinks white LEDs, then stops.
Aux on Low, in Voltage Color Display
Light turns on at 8 lumens
floor 0.1 lumens
ceiling 429 lumens
Post Off Voltage Display for 4 seconds
Smooth Steps enabled
Blinkies enabled

Advanced Mode
triple clic gives repeating battery voltage using white LED color mix
Default Aux are on Low in Voltage Color Display
turns on at 8 lumens
Smooth Steps enabled
Post Off Voltage Aux for 4 seconds after turning Off the main LEDs
Double clic from On is 640 lumens Turbo
Double clic from Off is 429 lumens ceiling
0.01 floor in smooth ramping mode
0.1 floor in stepped ramping mode
7 steps in Stepped Ramping
Step 5 is 98 lumens, no PWM, top of regulated output
Lockout Aux set to Blink Voltage color
Tactical gives 335 lumens and the aux blink Voltage color (mirrors the setting for Lockout)

Changes I made to options:
Disable Post Off Voltage Display
Disable Turbo
Disable Smooth Steps (Fade On, Fade Off, aka Slow Start)
Set battery blinks to Red
Set Stepped Ramping to 12 steps
Set Smooth Ramping to slower (option 2)
Set Aux to Low brightness on Voltage Colors (or Low Red if used as a nightstand light)
Changed Lockout Aux to off.

Im Very happy w the New MAO TS10 V2. Recommended!

Both lights have been wiped clean w Alcohol, the V1 was polished w Sunshine Cloth and has been my regular EDC in a dedicated pocket for a long time:

I think the MAO is Great! I dont have any problem with it getting dirty. Im just careful to carry it in a dedicated pocket, not with any coins or keys. I do the same for all my lights. The MAO just has a nicer, ceramic, hand feel than normal Anodising.

4 Thanks

Did you notice that the switch cover is a different color on the V1 versus the V2. I got mine recently. The V1 is a darker gray color. The V2 matches the MAO color (though I am not sure it is MAO). The overall reduction in the max level is not a big deal for me. Though there will likely be those that see the numbers and complain.

Thanks for the write up!

V1 on the left v2 on the right.

Yes, I agree Im not sure the white button on the V2 is MAO but it lets me tell the V2 apart from the V1 :wink:

With the new firmware, I doubt anyone will manage to burn the LEDs… And it might not make much difference if someone chooses to run an H10. (I dont own any to test).

Im pleased the Lumen Wars have achieved a Truce with the latest TS10 firmware… I hope it is a lasting peace :wink:

Thanks for your photo, your lights look very nice. I bought a few of those HD10 clips too, but have not installed them… Am babying my lights and dont want to scratch them by installing a clip.

enjoy!

Interestingly. The clip on the V1 is the Zebralight clip from the H series. EDIT: No it is not. I found a light that has the Zebra clip. They are close, but not the same. It actually fits better than the H10 clip. Though they look very much alike (because they are both the H10 clips) DUH), the Clip for the body on the H10 clip does not fully fit around the light. Which leaves a gap between the body and the clip. Triggers my OCD a bit… but I have to have a clip and this one is so far superior to the stock clip… I just had to use it.

looks like the arms of the HD10 clip are slightly too wide to drop into the clip groove

otherwise they look identical :wink:

1 Thank

Thanks for making me look more closely, It was actually the tension from the bottom of the clip causing the arms to be at an angle so they didn’t fit in the groove properly. I straightened it out and was able to get it to seat all of the way.
I appreciate the good eye because i missed this. I bought 5 of the H10 clips and had this problem with all of them, Now I know how to fix it, :+1:

1 Thank

Great info, for the clip nerds among us :wink:
Thank You