Maratac AAA Copper Rev. 2 Is Coming

I have a friend that makes custom electronic gadget cases out of gold/silver/platinum/whatever. She could crank you out a few. Might be a bit out of your price range… she has done some $100,000+ iphone/ipad bling.

You are quite welcome. 0:)

Seriously though, Miles (the site owner, with whom I have zero affiliation) is da man. He sells basically everything you can get from CountyComm but with cheaper shipping and a more personal service IMHO.

The wow factor of the copper build does come at a hefty price.

You also gotta factor in the fact that copper isn’t the easiest metal to work with, and as far as I know there is a relatively high amount of material loss during the milling process.

Even I consider it is not budget with 53.90$ shipped to Istanbul, I have ordered one.
I carry Tank007 e06 on my hand bag, this may replace it.

I was at the grocery store yesterday and pulled it out of my pocket along with some change. They guy behind me saw it and almost wet his pants. He was a machinist and shuddered to thing that anybody would try to make a flashlight out of solid copper. He is ordering one… they are awesome pocket bling.

Just for fun, I put the thermocouple sensor from the prototype of my battery/led/driver analyzer (Any interest in a LED/Battery analyzer device?) on the head of one of these flashlights (with a fresh cheap ass bulk packed alkaline AAA) and switched it on high.

After 50 minutes the temperature reached 116 degrees F (started at 76F). Then the temperature curve rapidly bumped up to 126F over the next 8 minutes as the driver had to work extra hard to extract the last bit of full-power juice from the battery. Finally the curve started falling again as the driver could no longer fully power the LED. After two hours the thing is back to room temp and the light momentarily, randomly, flashes the LED as it manages to squeeze short burps of electrons out of the dead AAA cell (measures 0.60V)

It looks like you can expect a full hour of coppery high beam goodness out of a cheap AAA.

These things are really nice. I’ve been carrying it my pocket with my keys for over a week. I’ve walked over 50 miles that way. It’s not quite the uber-buffed, shiny tart that it started out as, but she still looks rather sweet. Unless you had a virgin to compare it too, you probably would not notice.

It’s different and shiny but….$53 delivered for a 105 lumen flashlight? And using the tiny AAA batteries that exhibit the same life as a soap bubble?
In the dark, you cannot see copper.
I suggest that if you are indeed fascinated by handsome copper, then purchase a British made antique solid copper tea kettle.

I love my 1st gen and it has been an EDC staple since I got it. Great little light, runs for a shocking length of time on a AAA, and bright enough for most tasks.
I winced at the price when I bought it too, but am very glad I did.

Today I have received mine, it is smaller than my Tank007 e06 single cell AAA.
Using lithium 1.5V battery, it has more light than Tank007 e06 with 10440.
it was inside of a vacuum anti-static bag.

I’m with skytop. It does look cool, but I’m thinking about all the other things I could get for that $$.

Pics please :bigsmile:

I’d also think copper would show dings from keys, etc if it’s an EDC. It is a fairly soft metal. It is a good looking light.

I changed my mind on this. I really wanted it at first but now I don’t see the point. I hear your hands stink of copper after touching it and it is heavy. It is still a twisty so it has the same problems as the regular ITP Eos which is a nice light but too small for a twisty. $50+ puts it out of the budget light category into CPF D-bag category.

I keep thinking about all the CPF people that will own this and it makes me not want it.

I actually like the natural finish aluminum one better. Price is better too at $25.

But I agree with you Speedsix. I wanted one at first, now not so much. I have several AAA lights now that are grea performers - no need for this bling bling version.

Sure, but just think of the $$$ you'll make when you sell it back to them, after this run is sold out...

It has a smell when you touch it. And it is heavier then Al.
It is good at heat management. I have tried it on high with eneloop.
It has given 65 minutes of regulated high lumens output, and even after that the light has not heated much.

I agree it is not budget.

The point is it’s pocket bling (art). It’s not supposed to be some ordinary ole’ flashlight. Same as treating yourself to a fine single malt scotch instead of your usual bathtub gin. Speaking of which… I hear some ice cubes calling…

How does it perform on 10440, anyone tried?

ITP a3 on 10440 is a rockstar :D

( Dont use 10440 if you're unsure about the driver's safety )