Marauder Mini - Olight’s “DM1.12” (with 32650 battery)

If you enjoy cool white, this a great “DM1.12” style dual function (flood & throw) flashlight with additional RGB emitters.

Rotary control, great LED ui displays, efficient driver, and large 32650 battery make this a standout light. (Yes, you read that right, 32650}

1 Thank

excellent. I wish the marauder mini had higher cri and warmer tint options. Its a bit disappointing. However having access to throw and flood and RGB is nice along with a big battery is nice.

You are definitely not in the minority here on BLF. Most agree that they want CRI and warmer tints.

I will point out that at 100 lm on its lowest setting, this is not a light I would use inside the house or around the front yard even. So if I’m out trekking in the wilderness, CRI starts to matter a lot less to me. I just need to discern distant objects, and sheer output and efficiency become my top priorities.

As you probably noticed during the lumen testing section of my video (and if you did watch that part, please do!) the Marauder Mini sustains output unlike other high CRI options I have on hand.

Thanks for watching, and being part of the conversation!

1 Thank

Omg, have you been jizzed by Olight?

Efficiency is nice to have. There are pros and cons to this in regards to cri in this model. The sustain output is important and a good thing this olight can do that!

I noticed you have your camera locked to 5200k WB as mentioned in the video, whats your aperture , iso , fps and lens ? Curious to know your setup. Ive been looking at something in this category for awhile now since we do search and rescue in the mountains and other emergency work in the forest. For reference I shoot at 5000k reference point and usually at the highest iso 6400 with a 12-35mm panasonic lens with a constant aperture of 2.8. Working on getting a prime lens with 1.4 aperture for better low light conditions. It looks like your iso on that camera is doing a good job, cant tell if its low or on auto.

I used filmic pro on an iPhone 13 Pro. The settings were:

- WB = 5200K

- ISO = 800

- FPS = 30

• LogV2 with a LUT

I don’t mark down the aperture, Because it’s a digital aperture anyhow, and I was setting the locked explore based on minimizing blooming when the Marauder Mini was on turbo. So everything was set relative to that point. Sorry if that makes it less equatable to other videos, but then that’s why I included two other test lights.

How does this compare to d4sv2 flood/throw with the 26800 battery?

Can you turn on both flood and throw channels with the mini? Description makes it sound like one or the other. DM1.12 can turn on both channels.

Is the battery included?

I’m sure olight will eventually discount this light to $100 which would be a steal.

I wish olight went with 26800 instead to further development of 26800 technology. I understand why olight designed their own battery for the bigger capacity and higher amps needed. I wonder who developed this battery for them.

Any other competing lights in this price range?

Very informative rundown. Thanks for making this.

What LEDs are in this?

3 18650’s likely have more capacity than this cell.

Very cool. its understandable. I enjoy your videos from time to time when i have time to watch. You have a good enthusiasm for lights. Ive been slowly getting into lights over the years. I love my hank lights and use them almost daily amongst others.

This 32650 cell is 6500mah. Vapcells 26800 25 amp cells, fully charged my two cells measured a capacity of 6595 mah and 6622 mah when drained to 2.8 volts at 1 amp. The more common cell does 20 amps and measures 6800mah at a 10 amp drain, 7300mah at a 1 amp drain. I’d also like to see 26800 go main stream.

Regarding the 32650 cell for Maruader Mini, is it correct to assume that we need to buy from and use only Olight 32650 cell? If so, how much it will cost per cell?

I have seen on Ali Express some sellers of 32650 cells, charging only about US$5 apiece. But I suspect these may not be good for the Marauder Mini.

Anyone has information on this issue?

I skimmed the video but I don’t think he measured the max amps or amps the mini uses for a sustained output.

I wish it was easier to find out how much amps a light is able to use for x amount of time at x lumens. For example, the popular d4sv2 flood throw combo, the dm1.12 sst sft combo.

Would make it easier to compare since it seems more manufacturers are coming out with dual channel lights.

It’s an Olight special 3 contact cell only sold by them.

I’ve not a chance to watch the video yet (at work). Can I ask if there is last mode memory for the RGB channels?

There is not. Which limits their utility to be sure.

How many amps does this pull to hit the sustained 6500 lumens?

I wonder who olight approached to make the battery. Disappointed 26800 was not used unless there was no existing high amp cell available.

Would be nice to find a matching non olight cell to see if it’ll work in this light.

Does the light come with a battery and charging cable?

The light comes with the battery and charging cable. If you watch my video you will see it had a proprietary casing that has both poles on one side. This feature prevents non-olight cells from working, but also is a hallmark of their charging system.