Massive fraud on 18650s in the Littokala Aliexpress stores!

Today I received an order of 12 30Q for $ 34.22.
Possibly they are the same ones that tested Zeroair.

First tests.

- four leg positive terminal.

- between 3.73 and 3.90V.

• between 45.6 and 46.3g.

I would have been surprised if I had received legit cells.
I will update…

Yeah, I don’t like zeroair’s conclusions.

He should have said not to buy these cells at all. I don’t give money to fraudsters like the folks at Liitokala.

Four positive terminals means it’s a no go.

And why is there a 0,17V difference between cells? That’s not good…

Good chance they are LGF1 3350mAh 4.8A cells. Looks just like them, 4 posts and all. The LGF1 is commonly used in powerbanks and various battery packs. In bulk, they cost well under a dollar each.

@RobertB, it’s an LG F1L.

However, there have been reports of cells leaking, having extremely high internal resistance, high self discharge(3 months!), etc.

I would not risk it.

You can still dispute it. NCR18650B is Panasonic’s part number and nobody else’s. And the listing says “Original”

I know what it is, I have several of them from a powerbank. Haven’t heard or seen those reports

using that @xxx, doesn’t page anyone.

Sorry, just wanted to precise it’s an F1L, not F1. Might have been a bit too precise :\

[quote=BlueSwordM]
Sorry, just wanted to precise it’s an F1L, not F1. Might have been a bit too precise :\/quote]

If you want to get real precise call it a LGABF1L. In the mean time, I’ll call it an LG-F1

Those F1s are apparently really cheap in bulk too. I can imagine it would be pretty profitable to re-wrap and sell some for certain shady dealers… :rage:

If they just market the cells as what they really are then there would be no problems and probably have a lot of happy customers. They appear to be way better than xxxFires and also suitable for low drain applications. Then again almost anything is better than xxxFires, excluding Windyfire and maybe a few others.

They can do it this way and make way more profit without facing consequences. Honestly the majority of their customers probably don’t even know (or want to know) that the cells they received are counterfeit.

Until now, I only bought from aliexpress from all the liitokala stores.

- 6 pieces 26650 black liitokala (very good)

• More than 20 pieces 18650 (Panasonic 3400mah cells, samsung 2600mah)
    -I have to get home and 2 pieces LG 3000mah.

Until now, I had no problems. XHP70 does not work with turbo mode when using Panasonic 3400mah, but when using samsung 2600mah it works :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, we received 5 liotokala (panasonic) 3400mah batteries with PCB, and one of them fired in the charger. :person_facepalming:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4PCS-LOT-Original-18650-NCR18650B-3-6V-3400mAh-Rechargeable-Li-ion-Protected-Batteries-with-PCB-For/32304934813.html?spm=2114.13010708.0.0.3a994c4dM6iWBD

See the last one star review. I also put pictures. :open_mouth:

When did you submit the original review?

I can’t see which one it is.

23 Nov 2018 09:43 , and feedback 26 Nov 2018 11:56

I’ve lost faith in using them … including the charger.

Neat MOSFET gate feeding strip short-circuit.

However, we still do not know what sort of cell is that. Could you please completely unwrap and carefully photograph one of the cells, Coman? So we can see its actual flat top clearly, and the cylinder markings if present.

Cheers

is it the cell that fried or the protection circuit. One of my concerns with protected cells is the circuit shorting out.

Oh god… The protection circuit actually failed to open.

A protected cell got damaged by its own protection circuit.

That’s even worse if a cell would fail, as it would shut down by itself.

A protection circuit failure can take a down an 18650 with it, which is way worse.

Scary. Good thing it didn’t start a fire.

What makes you think the protection circuit failed to open? I am pretty sure it opened up.

What happened there is the original cell wrap got torn below the cathode to anode nickel strip, causing a short-circuit. That's all folks.

Cells protected with P-channel MOSFETs do not have this problem. It has to do with the way cells are because the whole can body apart from the inner flat top is at cathode potential.

Cheers :-)

This Liitokala fraud is unacceptable. Should this forum ban all Liitokala ads and sales here? I think it’s not similar to fake lumens number of flashlight. This is misleading buyers into believing there are genuine branded cells under Liitokala wrapping.