Match's Mods: 3XP-G modded Mini-Maglite (version 2.0)

Was it this driver

Perhaps this one would work! Little pricey though!

-Garry

I have some of those. 19 mm though and no gnd ring. Might be able to make one. It’s been done before.

Desc states it was changed to 17mm, but I see what you mean about ground ring. How would you do it? And is there enough room for it?

-Garry

They never did implement that change to 17mm. The driver has 2 ground notches on the edge of the board so all you need is a flattened copper or brass ring that clears the components on the post side and is wired to the notches with some fujik to stabilize it. Think of a battery board with only the outer ring. Some sellers actually market it with a battery board included instead of that post arrangement Kd provides.

Garrybunk is right, that's the driver I used (or one similar). I've seen a few different ones, but all list the same specs. They are indeed 19mm, and do not have a standard grounding ring - which is why as of lately I've been making the pills a little bit differently:

If you have a drill press, AA mini head is a snug press fit into a 1” hole in a block of wood and a 3/4” hole saw works very nicely with a bit of WD40 to drill the head with a nice flat bottomed step. If you increase the “set” of the outward teeth on the saw you can increase the diameter a bit as well. You can also use hole saws ( with/without centering bit to make slugs.