Maxtoch 18650 Torches

David does video reviews because he’s a lazy Texan. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hahahahahahahahaha

(David and I are friends, we talk all the time. Or he talks and I listen, Sometimes. :stuck_out_tongue: )

The NewZealander’s like the MaxToch’s and helped design and upgrade them for throw as a rifle mounted light due to the extent of night hunting done over there. Kronological did the group buy on the SN6X-2X originally, David got roped into doing the 2X Shooter group buy. There’s been a significant amount of testing on the MaxToch lights and the one thing that stands out repeatedly is that they are pretty intent on delivering a well tested and reliable light. I really like the one’s I’ve had and will definitely be acquiring more.

Looking at the way the M24 is made, I can see the screws easily getting yanked from the threads. With a minimal, just right (or wrong) angle of impact. Especially mounted to a rifle.

I damn sure as heck wouldn't want to rely on them as a defensive device. If I did, hit them hard the first time. It's gonna fold.

Added

By the way, is there a tube available for a "single" 18650 for the 2x and M24 types?

Early models saw MaxToch going with a driver that supported one or two cells, they gave it up.

atrocious, was the word. My memory is atrociously bad. Physical issues, severe muscle spasms, micro concussions and full concussions for 16 years. Meds. Now even more meds. Lucky to remember my name some days. So, pulling information from a couple of years ago the details may or may not be scrambled with other details. Such is life.

The group buy on the SN6X-2X was a Limited Edition. I thought the tube was kinda plain, made that way for easy rifle mount, so I put some paracord on it to aid grip …

These were equipped with domed emitters, manufacturer’s weren’t de-doming at the time, so I de-domed it and bumped output ever so slightly. Loved it! Kick myself every time I think about the light….

This picture was taken in December of 2013.