MAXToch DX21 Searchlight Group Buy: CLOSED

Splendid news! Cant wait!!!

We’re waiting :beer:

Thats great to hear Texas! I’m 90% going to get this light, just looking for your review to get that last 10% and seal the deal.

Hey Krono, not that I’m in any rush, but any idea when I should be expecting the PayPal invoice to be sent to me?

Cheers!

I am submitting a spreadsheet to MAXToch tonight with all the orders.

Sorry it is taking a few days, but I have to transfer all information from PM to XL…and it throws the formatting for a loop.

I have to head off for work now, but I still need to proofread it…will do that tonight and send it out immediately. I hope you will have your paypal invoice tomorrow.

This takes awhile…especially with work, school and kids in the mix. Thanks for everyone’s patience!

Cheers,
krono

You’re doing a great job, thank you!

chill out krono :bigsmile:
even better if texas light came earlier and reviewed here :slight_smile:

Thanks for that! Honestly I’m in no rush, please don’t stress yourself with it. You have already done more than enough to help out us members!

Thanks for the kind words.

Here is the list for the confirmed MAXToch DX21 Group Buy:

zelee - 1pc DX21, 3C, Un-Glued, $49.90
xed888 - 1pc DX21, 3C, Un-Glued, $49.90
daveam - 1pc DX21, 1pc holster & 1pcs bike mount, 1A, Glued, $54.70
makapuu - 1pc DX21, 1pc bike mount, 1A , Un-Glued, $52.70
LSX - 1pc DX21, 3C, Un-Glued, $49.90
Lightsaber - DX21, Package Deal/Set, 1A, Glued, $69.90
StittvilleEd - 1pc DX21, 3C, Un-Glued, $49.90
magnet - 1pc DX21, 1A, Un-Glued, $49.90

I will be sending MAXToch the spreadsheet order this evening. Hopefully you will have your paypal invoice as early as tomorrow.

I’ll update the OP with this info as well.

Thanks for the participation so far!

Cheers,
krono

thanks for your effort krono,this is my 2nd GB and i hope it end up well for both of us i mean the seller and blf member :slight_smile:

edit:
already paid mine :bigsmile:
and now is waiting for moment of truth :stuck_out_tongue:

Got this note from seller:

” Please kindly note customized DX21 will be sent out after group buy is finished. Thus you can arrange your payment schedule. ”

When does the GB finish exactly?

Since many are waiting on the review, sometime after that. Thinking about 7 days after review? What do you all think?

Sounds good to me. I’ll wait for TS’ review then before paying.

Thanks again krono. I hope they give you a DX21 or the other one for free, at least!

haha I just came here to ask the same thing as I got that message as well.

So does it make no difference whether I pay now or whether I pay when the group buy finishes?

Depends. If you ordered the stock light (glued, 1A tint), then they can ship immediately.

Un-glued and/or 3C tint has to be assembled. MAXToch must also order the 3C emitter after GB is finished, therefore those units will ship sometime after GB finishes.

I received some additional info from MAXToch regarding lumens advertised, etc.

“I double checked with our tech. people. There are two versions of DX21 circuit board.

DX21 is originally designed to diving light. As there’s no heat problem underwater, the current of diving version is 3A per emitter. It uses series circuit.

While on land, the heat radiation can’t be as good as underwater, the circuit is changed into parallel. In this case, the current is 3A totally (1.5A each).

The tech. information of advertising is based on diving light, our original design. Honestly speaking, the light output of on-land light is less than 2000lm.

One more point about DX21 versions, the brightness of DX21 1.5A/emiter version is bright enough for mid/long on land distance. If the temperature goes too high, the luminous efficiency will be much lower and it may cause light decline.”

Since the dive version is the one with the claimed 2000 lumens (3 amps per emitter), the version on the GB will be less…approximately 1000 lumens total. Hopefully that was somewhat understood when the specs on the GB version indicated the light was 3 amps. But I wanted to make sure every is aware of that, and I certainly don’t want to mislead anyone.

… 1.5A per emitter? :~

So the circuit changes from series to parallel depending on whether it’s submurged in water?
(Or do I need more sleep?)

Edit: Is the stock light then 3A each and the unglued and/or 3C tinted ones 1.5A each?

Group buy/stock light/3C will be ~1.5 amps per emitter (~3 amps total)…the same for either 1A or 3C tint.

Non-Group Buy/Dive light version will be ~3 amps per emitter, (~6 amps total) has not been released yet and is undergoing further testing.

Sorry…maybe I am the one that needs more sleep…dadgummed alarm went off this morning and it’s the weekend…

any chance we can get the group buy stock glued version at 3A/emitter?

ken