Maxtoch M24S- Have I been ripped?

Hi
I’m new here, not really a technical man myself. Being after a scope mountable torch to use for spotlighting possums in conjunction with a headlamp, I looked through old posts and jumped right in and bought a Maxtoc M24S. I haven’t received it yet (logical, as I bought it yesterday), but now just looking at other items on aliexpress I can’t help but wonder if I have made the wrong choice?
Is the maxtoch as good as cheaper lights? I don’t really want an answer from Mudgripz as he is obviously invested in the M24 and seems to push it pretty hard. Has anybody else tried it and been real impressed with it? It just seems there are lights with much larger outputs on ali or 20 bucks!

On top of that, I think I’ll get myself a new headlamp. I would like one that runs long and shines bright, just to use for getting around at night and spotting possums in trees.
Let me know what you guys think!
Cheers
Tom

Many of the listings you’ll find have what we call “Chinese lumens”. Advertising an ultra T6 single LED that puts out 2000 lumens when in reality they mostly come in around 400-700lm, with a fair amount containing fake Cree LEDs with even worse output.

Just be sure to do your homework/research before buying. If you can’t find a legitimate review on it, don’t buy it. Instead, ask here because odds are several of us have bought it and can shed some light.

I can’t help with the M24, didn’t look into it much when it came out; however, many people did, so I imagine someone will be along shortly.

Larger output for $20? No way.

You can’t go by the typical, over-inflated “Chinese lumens” they post on their ads.

MaxToch makes an absolutely top-notch light. You made a wise choice, and mudgripz knows what he is talking about :slight_smile:

You bought a good light. Don’t let aliexpress mess with your head those light listed are usually grossly over inflated specs. The light you bought has a real Cree XM-L2 U2 or a XP-L V HI. Ali can’t surpass those with counterfeit Lattice Bright LED’s. Your LED is mounted on Copper to handle the 3.6-4.0 amps. Ali cheap Aluminum mounted LED’s burn to a crisp at over 2 amps. Your biggest issue now is finding quality rings tall enough to clear the head.

A good looking headlamp with some throw to it for spotting the possums in the tree would be the Thrunite TH10 It has peaked my interest with the review in the link. Looks like a nice light for an 18650…

This is a 250kcd+ light, I can bet you the 99.9% of all other flashlights on AE can’t top it. The other 0.1% being Acebeam K70s and Nitecore TM36s.

You won’t be disappointed!

Cheers all for the reassurance! Sorry mudgripz if you see this for being mean, its just hard to tell when somebody is so intense backing something!

Ripped off? No way, its a good flashlight, especialy when modded
Its very hard to find a better one for 70 usd……maybe M2x but only maybe, it has its flaws too

Pay attention about scope mounting though, its a 400grams torch( with batteries) , the recoil could damage the scope if not mounted steady
Whitch M24S did you bought?

P.S

M24s springs are kinda weak for heavy rifles type 3006M or 300W/M, if you use short batteries it could change modes when firing

I’m just using it for popping possums on the 22 so recoil or anything that happens on real guns won’t be an issue :slight_smile:
cheers for the input

Absolutely a great light in quality , fit and finish. I like them a lot also, enough to the point I got with Maxtoch last year and helped design the BLF-TE (Thrower Edition) 4.5 amp with XP-L HI emitter , and 250K lux, which was a GB only project and no longer being produced.

I just took my original M24 Sniper with approximately 3.4 amp driver (standard) and put an dedomed XM-L2 U4 1A in it and I only thought it was bright before. It really came to life with the U4 emitter in it.

Don’t worry about having a good light with it , personally I would class it right up there with the Olight Javelot that a lot of people were comparing the GB light with and cost Twice as much and has less run time.

Here are the recent beamshots with the dedomed U4 in the original M24……….

Note the 2 center shots (175 and 400 yards) look like a greener tint than it actually is in that particular field, but all my lights do this time of year because of the grass and trees out there being so green in that field.

Gate 100 yards

175 yards

400 yards

500 yards

On 22? Thats torch is kinda huge for 22…whats your usual shooting distance? As long as its a 22er……i presume 100 meters tops?
You should discover modded X6 flashligh m8, its perfect for 22: i use 22 here and there too, especialy i need to preserve the animal

Oh really, I just wanted a bad ass light so I can spot possums where-ever they are! It’s not so much for shooting them that I need it to be powerful because once you see them you can walk right up to them and shoot them from 1 metre away!

True that. You can 'hunt' possums with a lead pipe.

Here the hunt is quite different
The cooler the light tint is: the worst- cause of the UV ingredient ofc
The beam intensity also is an issue: you cant expect a fox just to fit doing nothing when you light it up from a 50 meters with a 50k+ mcds torch

O.T
Unfortunately we dont have possums arround here, yet…

A trophy room teaser :wink:

Mitko where did you bought those trophies ? :slight_smile:

not really a trophy man myself but those are nice looking trophies!

Mitko,

You need a stronger wall so those animals cannot poke their heads through into your room.

Buying trophies is the ultimate %$%# m8 :slight_smile: Those are self obtained, 2 of them are self prepared : why would someone buy tropies i would never understand! They dont have a history when bought, to have a trophy only for the show….thanks but no thanks

I self prepared most of the birds i got…some of the heads too…whole aminal preparation is a sience indeed, i dont have that skills

I have about 50 of those in my hunting hut ….wifey dont like them but again she is a woman, its natural … if you ask her hunting should be banned rofl

Just kidding you man :slight_smile:

But look at ebay… Trophies are sold on regular base. People like to have trophies in their weekend cottages.

i didnt start hunting until i was in my 20s. (late bloomer, lol) I had to drive a motorcycle year round, to be able to afford to go back to college and get my second degree. It was like the DEER were trying to KILL ME.

i decided if the deer were going to try to kill ME ? I would return the favor, LMAO…

…and, i started EATING deer too. I had too many “close calls” at night on a motorcycle for those several years, not to enjoy cutting up and eating the flesh of my enemy, lol. I am too much “budget” to pay for mounts? But… I toss the heads of my kills to weather out, then i retrieve the bare SKULLS.

shrugs

I like skulls, i dont know. Skulls are cool…lol

PS - range of a 22LR ? i was going to a gun competition once a year, always held in a different state here in the USA. It was my yearly vacation. ONE yea? the “boys” were amusing themselves shooting a milkjug at 100 yards. I learned to do that repeatably well, and, get a nice pattern at 100 yards that year.

the NEXT year? the boys were doing the same thing at 200 yards… THAT was a lot harder. Took me a while to figure out my “drop” at 200 yards, and the wind drift. But, i was using a “budget” 22 gun, and, “budget” ammo… the guys with expensive 22 guns and expensive match 22 ammo? were hitting the milkjug at 200 yards without missing.

===

PPS - shooting 22 at 100 and 200 yards? is considered the “classic” training to learn to use “wind drift” and “drop” to learn to shoot bigger guns at really long range… (i have shot guns at up to and including 1000 yards)