Maxtoch M24s

Maxtoch M24s showed up in the mail today. Took a few pics with my phone as i opened it.

Many thanks to unknown for the help in getting the pics to show up :slight_smile:

Anodizing isnt bad. Not perfect but its entirety acceptable to me, most imperfections are around the threads and joints and thus not visible when assembled.
Threads are ok, trianguar and there is a it of burring on the on the ends of the head end of the battery tube, but looks easy to clean up with a light file.
Anodized thread on the end cap is perfect.
Reflector looks good. Minor imperfections within 0.5mm of the very edge where it was cut from the mould or similar.
Lense is nice. Clean and clear.
Led looks well centered.

Needs to be the image location.

Ie: http://i.imgur.com/yycgoIM.jpg

Nice phone!

Camera on your phone that is! What phone is it?

One of the best pics I've seen so far coming from a phone.

Lol. Samsung Galaxy S5.
camera on the sony z3 is better and has manual control. But I’m quite happy with my phone :wink:

Looks similar to the Trustfire X9 but with 2 batteries

Do you have means to check amps, lumens and Kcd? If so can you compare output of standard switch and tape switch. Thanks!

Amps i can check. Noone bothered to answer when I asked about light meters.

Sooo, if my meter is to be believed. ?..
standard switch… 2.3a
rats tail switch 2.7a

Might re test that with a different meter when its not 1am

Thanks for the great pictures/review! I just discovered maxtoch and have been considering the m24, m12, or the sn6-2x. The big question I still have is about the driver, is it any good on their 2 cell lights?

really nice pics. also located in oz, was wondering where you purchased yours from? Been looking at the 2x or the M12. Are you still happy with it? How does it compare to your other lights? Is the light very cold, blue, sterile? Do you think its worth dedoming? Do you think its worth the price premium? Say over a Y3?

IMO, Maxtoch is one of the best/better mid range budget lights. The M24 and M12 are great lights. Yes a dedome is a great mod for that light. I have plenty of lights but I never go hunting without my M24. It has great throw with some spill. Quality isn’t perfect but it’s much better than most other lights in this price range. The driver is a little underpowered, but the amount of throw from the light with the driver is impressive.

Got mine from amanda on aliexpress.
it’s still kicking along strong.
tint is good, still haven’t de domed mine
its been living in the door of the car for months. Gets used every other day, bounces arround on rough roads, few drops etc.
Looking a bit beat up on the outside now but then it sees hard use. Quite happy with it really.

I will be using more for camping and night walking rather than hunting, so in that sense do you think dedoming it would be overkill? probably most interested in dedoming for the tint. But have read that you can lose brightness and spill and not sure that i need that bright a hot spot

nice, yeah been looking at her site and mountain electronics. i want one :), what are the differences between the m12 and m24 a part from form factor?

Here is a good write up on the M12. It would probably fit your need a little better

Don’t de dome for normal walking.
a m24 is already overkiĺl for normal camping.
I edc a tn12. Use it every night for basic stuff. M24 is for when I go out to the larger more open areas.

yeah thinking maybe about the m12 probably a better fit in the hand. But i do like the extra throw of the 2X. When i say camping I mean walking around the bush along big rivers and such so want something with very good throw. I have headlamp for around the campsite.

Does anyone that owns 1 or both of these lights, can they tell me is it awkward carrying around the m24/2x in the hand? better to go with an m12?

no i don’t think i would dedome a m24 or 2X, maybe a m12 though?

Havent got a m12 myself. I’m using a thrunite tn12. I quite like the larger amount of spill for every day use, All depends on budget. Im going for a tn4a as my next light which will have a similar purposes as camping and running on aa means i can leave if forever between uses and not need to worry.