Maxtoch XSWORD L2K - another laser thrower

maxtoch website

It’s probably not for sale, yet.

Amanda said it just finished production

From official dealer of Maxtoch : Amanda.

OK, thanks.

Just message the aliexpress store. Someone should pick it up and forward to the correct person, then you do business.

I used to have gotten quite a fair bit of discounts for all sorts of items and also some unlisted items (they really can’t list everything, and some are custom orders), just need to comms with them.

The only issue that i have i encountered is that aliexpress messaging cannot allow me to send in Chinese characters. Else it’d be quite a fair bit easier.
But seriously nowadays i just use the Taobao platform as it’s easier to use my own forwarders/warehouses in Guangdong Dongguan, and also aliwangwang/wechat in which most give instant responses vs aliexpress.

For any who have not already seen my review (or a review) of this light and would like to see a review , I have now posted my review HERE

Xsword is avaliable on Aliexpress.
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32949195871.html?trace=storeDetail2msiteDetail

For those who are not following Robo819’s review,

This should be the basic design used in the Maxtoch. A rear firing laser to excite the phosphor in a very small dot, then a double convex (double aspheric) lens to produce a “parallel” beam out the end. Think of sunlight through a magnifying glass creating a tiny focused source of light. Now it’s night time and you reverse the source of light. You go from a tiny source of light to a wide parallel beam.

Mostly, Jason, but no big bars or blocks of copper. And there is a cover plate over the top end of the assembly that holds an AR coated glass lens down, the mirror is glued to this glass, no arm holding the mirror. So the laser is mounted inside a tube, essentially, with the phosphor plate (on glass as well I would presume) covering the laser and held in place with a shiny metal strip secured with 2 screws. Above the phosphor, another plate for the 45º mirror, then a cover secured with 3 screws.

So, with 4 screws holding the module into the head at the bottom and a slot across the middle, between the 4 screws, for the PCB to the laser being secured by one screw on the far outside, where are the heads of the two screws who’s ends can be seen on top of the module at the corners of the glass lens that holds the mirror?

The top end of the module appears to be separate, like it screws off, but there is a yellow circular seal on this seam and I didn’t break it, at this point.

Being able to see a minimum of 12 screws in the laser module assembly, I was a bit leery of removing all of them and misaligning something critical…

Just let Dale simmer for a few days guys, those 12 screws are working his brain already, can’t be long before he’s got everything apart. :smiley:

It is extremely difficult to find pictures of this exact layout (I could not find any). I used the closest I could find. I may create a picture from scratch, but I think most people can understand the concept. It certainly makes a lot more sense to me now. :wink:

I may be wrong here but partly becuz of the criticality of that 45 degree mirror preventing potentially dangerous eye damaging leaks that disassembly difficulty is likely a portent of things to come. Anything can be dissassembled and modded of course given enough determination - but these sure don’t appear to be a modder’s dream unless the modder is really on game. Alignment issues alone I bet are very touchy to play around with.

LEP assemblies at least for now look labor intensive to fabricate and so their pricing will prolly remain pretty robust. Prolly best. You really don’t want every Tom’s, Dick, n’ Hairy, messing around with something like this unless they really know what they’re doing. :open_mouth:

A little update.

One more thing. The reflector is there for a reason. The light would be simpler and more reliable if there was no mirror but a beam dump instead. They went with a mirror instead, I guess because a dump would overheat. But the reflector directs the beam somewhere. It may be that the module body is flat black and any place can act like beam dump. Or maybe they add a dump wherever it’s needed. Anyway: after reflection the beam is dumped and I believe it’s worth noting on the schematic.

This is correct ^
Mirror instead of a laser dump because otherwise it would overheat.
I wonder if there is a proper dump on the inside of the device or if it’s just being directed onto the black anodized aluminum.

I’m just trying to show the basic principle, it’s not overly exact. In the flashlight, there may not by any saphire. It might just be phosphor sandwiched between two pieces of glass.

There is something mounted in there, hidden behind or under a bulge in the otherwise circular area the phosphor is in. Made me think it was the laser firing from the side.

Laser diffuser?