Maxtoch XSWORD L2K - another laser thrower

I have Xsword.
It is laser light, the tint is greenish even without green filter.
The range is better than from MF04……
Tommorow I add some picture.

Blue laser emitters typically have a higher Vf than 4.2V, which would require a boost driver and more inefficiency if it were to use a single cell.

:+1:

Thanks for info. Now I get it. Buck driver can work on one cell right? That Polish guy awaits for 1x18650 tube for his Maxtoch.

Yes… I was afraid of that… Now imagine 200kg boar on 50 meters. I would only lid her nose :slight_smile: That why zoomie mode is next good thing they got to work on.

So this will be mostly for small game hunting with the need of cycle through modes and sometimes that means that the game will have more chance to run for their lives.

Any chance we can get that laser modules and try our own creations? Is some of you guys able to get them. Group buy or something?

So you are that guy… :beer:

I’m affraid that 1x 18650 will not work, but I’m going to use 2x18350 :smiley:

ISO:200 F:4 T:2s
550m

900m

1100m

2000m

Xsword next to MF04

li, see those beam shots? It’s a dedicated thrower, 50 meters can be illuminated by a $3 Sipik.

Nice pics smokuxx1987!

Yes I see :slight_smile:

I am hunter exactly 20 years and I will say that in this stock form(fov about 1.5 meter on 95 meter if I understood you well) will not be suitable for the big game hunting on classic distances (30-150 meters) but if someone takes shots on small game or if one will hunt big game on 300-500 meters that will be another story. You can’t have Sipik and Maxtoch mounted at the same time btw. So my opinion is that if possible of course one light should cover all hunting situations. And 200-300 KCD moded zoomies do exactly that.

Don’t think that I am not impressed with it. Yes I am :+1: When I remember Deft X from Saabluster this Maxtoch is better performer at 1/3 of price than Deft X.

I am just saying what I would want to see in a future and that is zoomie function which could cover all hunting situations. I am just afraid to think how much lux would this thing have in classic zoom out zoomie mode. It would be wide beam with just enough kcd to cover all hunting situation from 30 meters to 2km of range.

I hear you li, and see your point… but MaxToch designs for Military and Police use and it’s difficult to get them to see a specific hunters purpose… they have been working with hunters in New Zealand and have made the Shooter 2X as a lightweight rifle mounted long distance light, don’t know if we’d have any luck getting the zoomie added in.

I myself am not a hunter. Here, spotlighting at night is a crime and will get you arrested with heavy fines. Yes, even rabbits. My brother has found this out personally before. lol

We flashaholics can resolve all situations.

Make nice IR light(Osram 4715AS) for your brother. Next step is diy night vision device(50:money_mouth_face: as a scope addon. So no one will see that :beer:

Most people here would be fascinated to see how much IR light in combination with cheapest NV device can throw. For example throw of 50mm aspheric IR (4715AS) is equivalent to our classic 500+kcd dedomed lights.

Maxtoch’s laser light is without any doubt new progress in flashlight world. But I am not falling on fog penetration stories. I had laser genetics ND3 laser flashlight and that thing does not penetrate through anything lol :smiley: it can’t even penetrate through night as I would like but I mentioned that light (first laser flashlight) because it has zoom function…

Ok I’ll stop be boring with that zoom function. Imho Maxtoch looks like super extreme light in this form as it is and super great progress through flashlight technology.

Silly, the gunshot’s would easily be heard far and wide. Get caught with rabbits in the bag, gun in vehicle, in the dark, bingo! You spotlighted em as there is no other way to see them. Via infrared or visible light, I would imagine the judge would not be lenient.

My friend tested a sample of the XSword in light rain, light fog conditions and easily illuminated an object at 900 yards. The SST-40 equipped (sliced and diced) Shooter 2X could not. (Although it easily shines much further in normal conditions)

Oh do not give up so fast lol :smiley: . Do you guys have suppressors for .22 rim fires(although with subsonic .22 ammo shot is almost silent without suppressor) or PCP rifles fitted with barrel shroud (Benjamin Marauder)? Cmon that kind of equipment cost like peanuts in USA? You got to have something like that for pest control? That is more than enough for rabbits up to 100 m.

Light fog definition could vary from men to men. XP-G2 S4 2B dedomed (bit greener tint) can also penetrate through rain evaporation fog in aspheric light configuration cause it does not have side spill like Shooter 2X reflector light. You know I repeated more than 100 times that useful spill in flashlights is not always so useful as people think :smiley: And no one trust me?
Aspheric beam has sharp borders, so there is better contrast between illuminated area and dark area. The enhanced contrast lets us to perceive light brighter and further in the night. But same thing should happen with laser lights since they don’t have any spill so it is logical that they will penetrate better in fog and of course 2MCD could help a bit :sunglasses:

But no freaking chance it will penetrate through normal foggy conditions. Nothing will… Well except thermal night vision device :+1:

Only thing that can happen in normal fog is already in mine avatar picture. Nice laser sword for playing around :slight_smile:

Illegal, or you pay a considerable sum for a silencer and even then the situational use is strictly governed.

Shooting game at night with the use of illumination is called Spotlighting and is illegal, thought we covered that? Texas Game Warden’s are relentless.

I have a .22 pellet rifle, break barrel, nice scope, a little bit modified. Have taken a pesky squirrel at 63 yds. In the daylight of course. Did I mention my neighbor is a cop?

I will have a full review of this light coming up within the next 7 to 10 days.

For the moment to answer the question of what the actual “On Target” tint of the light looks like , here is a shot from 150 yards with the factory dedomed 2X and the Xsword………

2X

Xsword

Take him for a couple of :beer: and then you’ll go hunting together :slight_smile:

Nice pics Robo819 :+1:
Yes. From this 150m pictures we can see that even at shorter (I would usually not say for 150 m short range cause that is just enough or even to distant range for some hunters… Range where hundreds of hunters manages to miss something large like boar) ranges we can make shot on smaller game but with a lot of scanning while with shooter 2X we have instant target acquired.

Now throw one pic on 50 meters please. Pretty please. :disguised_face:

OK just happen to have some at 62 yards already (54-55 meters) at a white garage door.

Low

Medium

High

o-sum beams !

Wow…

Today I recived short tube :smiley:

Xsword next to Convoy C8+ and new Maxtoch M2 Archer

Wow, that looks very impressive, to think that from that handy light comes a 1Mcd beam! :open_mouth:

Amazing. The short tube for 2 x 18350’s is just ridiculous to think about!

Robo, I see nothing at all wrong with the tint on the subject… weird how green the beam is in the air but on target it seems just fine to me. Nice pics, puts the famous old Jacob A60 to shame! Now we just need to get two people together with 2 of these and do a XSword fight in the night sky! :smiley: