Maxtoch XSWORD L2K - another laser thrower

Just Wow David, Thanks for the beam shots.

Damn, white lasers are finally a thing :smiley:
10 years ago that was a dream, I guess in a few years they’ll be affordable (which means it will not end up with a divorce :-p )

In the picture we could see the greatest thrower and BLF GT :smiley:

djozz 1.5 MCd

Impressive, but that beam is so very narrow. Is it wide enough to use inside of 200 yards?

Also, regarding the tint, the hotspot in all these beam shots is overexposed so I don’t think you can really tell anything about the tint from the spots. It looks like pure white because, on your screen, it is.

The beam (hotspot) at the 62 yards is actually covering about 6 foot of the 8 foot garage door. It is big enough to get a deer , hog , coyote or what have you in the beam , but there is absolutely zero spill.

The hotspot is not overexposed actually , if so it is very little , as it is just that intense. On low mode shining on a lighter colored object even at 20 or 25 yards it hurts my eyes from the intensity of the beam when it hits light colored objects and even shining on the grass at 10 to 15 yards it hurts my eyes some.

I tried using it to walk down to get some beamshots the other night on low mode and just shining the ground out 25 or more feet in front of me in low mode was getting so disorienting between the brightness and tiny hotspot , so I had to stop and turn on my headlamp to walk the rest of the way.

I have noticed the more I use the light outside that the tint within the hotspot seems to be kind of color sensitive to a point. By that I mean that when shining lighter colors it looks more white. The tree trunks look fairly natural on the lighter colored ones , but the darker green trees and grass makes the beam look more lime colored.

I will try to get shots and show and explain all that in my review.

Thanks for pics. :beer: That thing is barn burner for sure…

Robo819. I don’t know if you are hunter or not but beam is way to intense on short distances. Sure that looks even more impressive when shined on white surface which spread the beam even more.

90% of hunting situations with most(but not all) Europe countries is that we have those tree stands(or any other kind of stand) and then you have feeder set at about 30-80 meters(depends on position) so you are generally in big advantage over game if you have light that is able to cover huge fov… So if you plan hunting big game on shorter distances with Maxtoch laser light than I will just say good luck :+1:

So now with that pics I know more than ever it will not be suitable for classic distances hunting. Well with diffuser maybe? For better beam spread? But as I heard there are some guys that are hunting on more than 300 meters around the world and I frankly can’t even get good groups at that distances at daytime.

But maybe I am just bad hunter lol :face_with_monocle:

But definitely most extreme commercial available thrower flashlight in a world with even more impressive size/throw ratio. It is really really something, tempting, and really no one can deny that.

1.5MCD if I understood well.

Edit: just saw that smokuxx1987 confirmed that. Btw nice comparison pics Smokuxx! I like 1x18650(2x18350) tube.

I need to have one of these. Looks fun

I would love to see a tear down of a light like this, have a look at the intestines.
Very curious to know how they do this, what’s the ‘trick’.

Yes, i want one too, but i assume it’s expensive…

There is no “trick”. It’s a blue laser, a laser driver and a piece of phosphor.

Am I seeing things, or is the spot actually round? If it is… this would be a must HAVE! For me anyways… Sure looks to be a bit more than 500 lumen too…?

KawiBoy……….Yes the hotspot is actually round. I am actually measuring under the listed 500 lumens……will be in the full review when I get it posted. Just a really intense hotspot from the light.

OH MY! :+1: Are they available yet or just a few let out for test/reviews? Looking forward to your review!

Thanks robo!

The light shows on the main Maxtoch.com site , but I do not see them listed on the Aliexpress site yet.
Sent an email to see if they have a link to purchase yet.

This light is dang impressive. Haha, I was trying to tell my wife how impressive it is and that it’s probably a blue laser that does some kind of phosphor exciting magic but I don’t know where the phosphor sits in relation to the laser and her response was a drowsy “keep going nerd words are putting me to sleep” :person_facepalming:

Does the phosphor filter out all of the harmful wavelengths of the beam so it is safe to illuminate people/animals for a length of time? Not that I could afford one but it would suck to go foxing and end up damaging half the farm owners sheep because they were illuminated for too long.

What happens is perfectly visible: the blue laser emits visible light (namely: blue), so if there were to be particularly harmful amountsof that, it would affect the tint. The tint is not extremely blue-ish, so that is not the case.

In the end, after some careful research, it’s essentially the same thing as an LED, just going about exciting the phosphor in a different way. But it’s the excited phosphor that’s doing the illuminating, the light from the apparently circular spot of phosphor is what the condenser lens gathers and puts out the front. So, the laser isn’t emitting anything out the front of the light.

But $579.00!!!
And not strobe :frowning:

Not sure where you got that price but it’s nearly double what I’ve been hearing. Maxtoch doesn’t have it priced on their site and I can’t find a listing for it on AliExpress to date. Robo819 is in contact with MaxToch and will inform us when they tell him what the price is….

Look at this please. https://www.craftys.co.nz/product/maxtoch-xsword-1000-lux-2000-meter-throw-spot-beam-torch-kit/ .