Medford Praetorian Clone....

Darn, I resisted and resisted. Finally broke down and ordered one from the link earlier in the thread. I'm a sucker for beefy folding knives.

Hmm that’s interesting. I’ve just sent an email to them asking if they’ll allow it through. It seems to fall into the category of a one-handed opener which is prohibited.

I’m also not sure about that. Wonder if anyone else can confirm getting these knives through customs in Australia. I remember emailing Customs before about another knife but they don’t always reply to these inquiries.

Oblivious you two do not believe me, I was going to take a picture of the slip, the box and the knife but thought no point you will not believe that either
I have slip that was inside the opened Styrofoam box - the box was resealed with customs tape. The slips says ” OPENED FOR INSPECTION No items have been removed by Customs and Border Protection”

It has a circle with a hand written number in it. The same number was written on the out side of the box so I would assume it is the inspectors ID number

Ah ok then I believe you :stuck_out_tongue: I will order one and see how it goes.

Y’all are making this one hard to resist. Dangit!

I’ve had good luck just contacting the sellers in the past. They’re usually willing to just send you a Paypal invoice and avoid the aliexpress system all together. I’m sure there’s a chance of getting burned but as long as you’re going Paypal and not sending as a gift you should be in good shape to avoid losing money.

Didn’t say I didn’t believe you.

I emailed them yesterday they replied today. He said it appears the knife is allowed to be imported however whatever happens on the day the customs officer picks it up is not his concern. It wasn’t a legally binding email despite saying yes basically.

Mine arrived; darn it’s a hefty chunk of steel.

Reasonably sharp, it feels very durable. Only $22? Bargain.

Its great to see these chunky hotdog cutters arriving in other countries. Please post if customs snags your Praetorian. I hope this never happens to anyone. |(

Has anyone found a drop point clone version yet?

I like the looks…close to ordering one…but WHAT THE HELL DO YOU USE A KNIFE LIKE THIS FOR? :bigsmile:

I have a Cold Steel Pocket Bushman I currently carry (rarely) when I might want a knife on me that can take some abuse. Truth is I rarely cut anything with it. Still, wondering what kind of excuse to give myself for ordering this thing?

Emergency anchor? :wink:

It should work well for spreading butter on pancakes! :bigsmile:

I do love a pancake

Well if the original is a $1000 chunk of steel and titanium, the answer to the question, “what do you use it for?” is, “you don’t.”

The Pocket Bushman is quite impressive, I bought one of those the other day. Very strong lock.

I’m carry my mini-tuff-lite at the moment. It’s remarkable how well that fits in the hand.

+1……
sounds like an infomercial

With that finish, it looks in the pictures to have come straight out of the apocalypse!

That’s it then. You use it to survive the apocalypse. :slight_smile:

It actually looks like it belongs on the set of The 100 (the new tv show)