Medium sized throwers

Because of the limitation of this blog, I believe all updates to this table may have to be done manually by the OP. Wikipedia happens to use server-side scripting with a database back-end to make its the content editable to the user.

BTW, I really appreciate the work that went behind gathering and tabulating this data. May I ask how the flashlight intensities were measured?

I just gathered what I found around. Each measured intensity is a clickable link to the source. Just go there and see if the method is specified.

Awesome list, thank you! Looks like you need to add the Astrolux FT03 to the list now.

Thank you sb. I added it now.

The Astrolux FT03 takes a 26650.

Fixed, thanks raccoon

Cata V6 great mid sized thrower.

Thanks for the great list!!

Any chance you can add a branch to also include multiple battery set-ups with a head diameter less than 75mm? The amount with a head larger than that will be very small

I wanted to include some valuable competitors:
Haikelite SC04 5000lm 600m throw 75mm head 1x26650

Sorry, I’m just personally not very interested in such lights.

New Convoy L6 with Lexel’s TA driver ?

Its only 5000lms on 2 X 26650's or you could use 2 X 26350's but alot less runtime.

Is that a comment to me or to mattadores? I think mattadores but if it’s actually to me:
A part of my definition for a medium sized thrower is “single cell”.
AFAIK L6 needs 2. Am I missing something?

Sorry, to mattadores, i was still thinking about his thread over here

No worries. lol I can imagine the time and effort involved in maintaining such a list warrants a lot of interest on your part to justify the work!

I think the SC04 even though I was wrong on the output which is only 2500 lumens on a single 26650 does belong on your list though?

lol should’ve realized… or maybe when it’s an optional 2x cell light the mfg shouldn’t state the output as doubled when it’s not… silly Haikelite

amutorch TC500 not exact specification

64x142 mm, 223g

Would the convoy L21 and M21 fit in this category of throwers.
I have a astrolux C8 XPL HI CW 1300 lumens as my only thrower and really like it but was looking for something with even more throw.

Yes, at least the L21A does, since its size it almost identical to the FT03, but with a smaller head.

Here is a side by side comparison both at max and distance to trees is 200m

Left FT03 right L21a

Nice both look great, I’m leaning towards the L21 because I prefer the 21700 tube, but my astrolux c8 threads are so sweet compared to my convoy lights it makes me wonder if I should get the astrolux anyway. My convoys are the cheaper ones, the s2+ and the s3.
When comparing a convoy c8 and astrolux c8 how do the threads compare?? My astrolux c8 has the smoothest threads of any light I’ve had. It’s the only c8 I’ve had though so maybe the convoy c8 threads are the same.

I am not familiar with the astrolux C8, but i prefer the rectangular shaped convoy threads, which are way more durable compared to the cheaper and thinner FT03 threads