MELD-C clicky UI for RGBW(uv) lights

In just a few days I’ll be putting up some information about my new RGBW (uv) drivers that I’m calling MELD-X (so named because I put a big X through my long-standing requirement to be able to use primary cells). In a discussion about those in my SDmini thread, some people requested a clicky version of the UI for these drivers, since it would open up the number of hosts that the driver could be installed in.

Below is a demo of my first pass at a clicky UI, and I would like to get your feedback on it! This UI and the standard MELD UI will run on the MELD-X hardware, so I will be able to offer the driver pre-programmed to either option. Let me know what you think:

Wow. That is some amazing work you have carried out. Well done. It sorta reminds me of mattaus and his crazy light.

Thanks again for doing this. That sounds already well thought-out, I like that in any mode you can double-click for primary white (with its level user configurable), and triple for maximum white. When I’m less tired I will go through the video again and see if I can give more feedback.

Whatever the final UI, I’m interested in the clicky version of your driver :slight_smile:

I guess there is no option for using long presses as a way of manouvring through the UI, like Toykeeper’s BLF-drivers? So a short off is interpreted as a long press. Longer is true off.

Im so excited that we are going to have a great option for rgbw flashlights\!!

The way i use dr jones rgbw the most by far is in the dynamic white mode. On his driver each color can be adjusted individually to form the color desired. This gives me a white mode with any tint i desire. So i set the white level, usually close to max. Then i add a bit of green, and maybe 20% red.

The ability to adjust each color and white into a custom color would be my request. I know this isn’t a dr jones driver, so it wont be the same, but i really do like this option.

Is there individual color ramping and mixing on the standard e-switch version of meld?

On standard MELD (momentary switch version), there’s a feature I call high-CRI which is sort of similar. It doesn’t let you pick individual levels, but it adds a small proportional amount of RGB to the white output.

Sort of. My version of that functionality is what I call color lock, demonstrated here: https://youtu.be/B09tLW9JaXI?t=480
You can’t pick each individual color’s level, but you can pick from any solid or mixed color or balanced RGB and then dim down to any level at that same color.

I didn’t add specific hardware to do that, but I do have an idea I need to test out that should be able to add that functionality on the existing hardware. I’d have to put some thought into how I’d incorporate long press into the UI though

tterev3, thank you much for your interaction. Your intelligence in these matters is even beyond my ability to imagine them!

I will miss the ability to mix in each color with white but there is much functionality to make up for it;)