Military Flashlight

Has anyone tried the military flashlight that is supposed to be the brightest and most rugged in the world?
Thanks,
Jerry

Yep, total scam:

And there’s more!

If you can buy one for the pennies it’s worth get one. Rip the insides out and put a new driver and led in it. I figured it’s a low risk way to learn some basic modding.

Makes me chuckle when I light mine up and it destroys lights which cost 10 times the total cost.

How about a picture of the mod?

Thanks, about what I expected.
Jerry

Jerry, there are good lights for not a great deal of money but the XML-T6 is an entry level light and should be bought inexpensively. Spend some time on the forum and check out the good ones. For 2x the price of a xml-t6 you can get a Convoy C-8 and that is a good light. But there are counterfeits out there (don’t ask me how I know :slight_smile: ) but they’re easy to dodge by getting them directly from the source and they won’t cost anymore. One doesn’t need to spend big bucks for a light in order to get quality.

What are you looking for? What use?

Will get some pics up when I get time, these light nights don’t make life easy

Hi BrianK,
I was just responding to the subject of the thread. I already have all the lights I need or want, except gift lights.

I mentioned that I would be happy with two lights, SK 68 and Tank 007 e09. I do not have any use for 18650 lights. I only use AAA for my pocket, and AA or other purposes. I have never had a failure with either one mentioned. Years ago I bought some more expensive lights. I have a couple of Fenix LD1, but they do nothing my Tank 007 e09 won’t. I also have some 4 Sevens minis, but there are too many modes, and AceBeam L10 which suits me as well and is cheaper.

I do not normally carry any AA light, but much prefer AAA. The Convoy C8 would not be a bad light, but I do not care for 18650 lights although I have a few.
I am not really a flashaholic, although I have a number of lights, and have bought several $100 worth as gifts.
For me a flashlight is just a tool to see in the dark or dark places. As I have stated I would not consider paying $50 for a flashlight when the <$20 lights do everything I need to do.

Thanks for the help,
Jerry