Mini DQG 26650 MT-G2

I would think most 26650 lights will be good candidates!

I wonder if this driver can take 2S??

Send the replacement driver/light my way and I will fix it for ya! :slight_smile:

I would contact Richard first though. Great guy!!!

Nice mod. Want. :heart_eyes:

Yea, spoke with Richard a lot about it. He says they require much work to mod. Your offer is most kind rjorge, really. I paid $14 for the defective light. Driver would be another $12, shipping back and forth … cheaper to buy new. If u were my neighbor you would ALREADY have the light! Thanks again for your generous offer.

patrick

So I was able to fix my old driver and while I was at it, I decided to lower the Turbo sense resistance. :bigsmile:

The logic behind me wanting to do this to a boost driver simply is because there is more room for improvement given the vf of 3 XP-G2 in series vs. the vf of 1 MT-G2. Again, stock the driver can pull around 6.5A (Battery current) vs. the 3A to a MT-G2, which equals to 1.5 - 1.6A at the emitter.

I have added a 1206 R100 resistor beside the stock R120, close enough to half the stock resistance. I did try lower resistances, which did output 4.5A + (retaining all modes), but I chose a more conservative 2.6A. The other modes are exactly the same. I may increase it to around 3A, since heat doesn’t seem to be an issue at the end of the 30s turbo timer. The only thing I do not like is the narrow, clear TIR. The beam looks more like a star. Almost like a large projection of the die, but uglier.

So, adding 1 R100 will result in 2.6A to a MT-G2 vs. stock @ 1.5A. Any guesses as to lumen output?

Added pictures of the ring that holds the TIR and a beam shot of Turbo to the first post.

I would be very interested in beam shot comparisons with this if you do get the DQG mini mk11.
Also just googled your lathe, did not realise you could get them that size might have to look into getting one. Are they capable of cutting threads?

I can do that. I have one in CW.

They can, but it is a manual process. Link.
It works better than it sounds though. Metal gears as well, which is a huge plus on a mini lathe.

I added the picture to the first post of the V2 CW on Turbo. v2 beats the MT-G2 in throw, but overal lumen output the MT-G2 is the clear winner. The MT-G2 Turbo picture is with a frosted lens.

Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures. I can clearly see as you stated that the V2 CW has more throw but the MT-G2 is a lot brighter.
Iv’e book marked that link, thanks.

Educated guess: between 1500 and 1600 lumen out of the TIR

Sorry to interfere in this post,

Just received the new 6A boost driver for DQG 26650 from Ric, it came in very very well packed.
Can anyone tell me, which pads should I connect the SW+ and SW- wires to?

Thanks

The 2 soldering pads right above the MCU, not the ones on the edge.

Thanks rjorge.

New numbers!

Removed the stacked R120 + R100 (.055 ohm) and replaced it with a R030 (.03 ohm), which measured 3.1A @ 6.4v both at the LED. I ran turbo 4 straight times. The driver got hot (hanging in air), but the head got very hot. Each turbo run dropped the LED amps about .12-.15A each run. Test was done with a 18650 IMR at 4.10v. The KK 26700 pulled 2.98A.

Probably close to around 2000lm OTF now! Picture added to the first post.