Mini Ultrafire C5 Upgrade to Cree XB-D mod.

Here is the same light for less than $ 3 bucks: 3W Mini Waterproo LED Flashlight Torch For Outdoor Sporting Aluminum Alloy | eBay

thats the one. 20mm star almost drops, in and a 7880 or East92 driver fits with some mods no prob.

Big and little. There not exact but close.

http://www.lightmalls.com/ultrafire-c5-250-lumen-cree-xpe-r2-tube-swicth-3-mode-led-flashlight-1x18650

I hate those charging ports, though.

Now thats not cheap at all :slight_smile: for that price you get a c8 mini, qlite and a xp-g2 on noctigon and u still got money left for some chewing gums :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes l agree. It is not used (the charging port) on my light. I do like the switch at the front rather than in the tailcap though. I think I have seen them with the switch in the tailcap but they want upwards of $30.00 for them.

I also have a variation of the larger light like the one in your photo that accepts 26650s and 3-AAA cell carrier, without the charging port and has a tail switch.
( i will post a photo later.)

The one from FastTech looks nice!

"

• Emitter type: Specified by the manufacturer
  • Mercury vapor bulb
  • Tube diameter: 16mm
  • Beam range: 30m
  • Working voltage: 0.8-1.5V
  • Lanyard length: 95cm

"

Ah, so the mini in the OP is a mini c5 then. The Brinyte 18650 I linked didn’t have a model label.

@keltex78
How good is that “Mercury vapor bulb”?
I want to order that mini-c8 from fasttech but I don’t know if I can mode it with an XP-G2?

Must be a tiny Mercury Vapour bulb and Ballast !

I just updated the topic after discovering its closer to the C5 and not the C8. :slight_smile:

It’s absolute junk (the bulb). Purple tint, low output. It’s okay to use as an indoor ‘walk around in pitch black inside the house’ stock. Personally I would only get it if you’re willing to take the time to mod it with a real emitter (like xpg/xml/xpe/etc). I love DNF’s mod (linked above); I’ve got all the parts just waiting for a decent day to venture out into the garage. Should be very nice with a AAA NiMH.

Nice mod DBS! It must have been a nice moment when you found out that a 20mm board slipped in so easy :-)

DNF used one from newfrog, is it that better host?
http://www.newfrog.com/p/ultrafire-flashlights-1w-037-86-mini-battery-spotlight-flashlight-lamp-4228.html
What do you think about ordering from newfrog?

Afaik, he used the one from fasttech. This one looks like it has an unscrewing bezel?

Without searching I cant like a lot of things remember where I got any of them from. I dont think that the quality will be very good on any of them but as a fun light to mod there ok. Mine are 3 main pieces. the head is one piece, battery tbe and switch cap. When I go looking for them I have a hard time finding them but you guys are pulling them out of the woodwork. Nice work

I think we should probably open up a new thread to discuss the mini c8 host options and whatnot so we aren’t trampling on DBS’s mod thread.

i have one of those other Mini C8 lights on order now from fastech for $ 2.80.( the one with the removable bezel) ( another cheapie mod coming.

This is the thread that encouraged me to mod this tiny light Mini C8 AAA XM-L U2 Mod. XP-G2 Shots Added. 1.17.13 :slight_smile: