Missed the Yezl Y3 GB? No worries! Check this out! :) (you can buy separate extension tubes too)

No, the extension tube is for mods employing a driver swap and typically an MT-G2. Do not just add another cell to a stock light or you will fry the driver and/or emitter.

[/quote]

No, the extension tube is for mods employing a driver swap and typically an MT-G2. Do not just add another cell to a stock light or you will fry the driver and/or emitter.

[/quote]

Thanks much for that info. I am not a modder. You just saved my HD2010!

But the stock Yezl Y-3 CAN accept three 18650 batteries without a mod, correct?

Yes that’s correct.

Y3 arrived today. Still missing two extensions. I have seen driver swaps. Is there a simple method to increase output amps with stock driver? Picked up a MT-G2 from MTN and have mod fever.

Absolutely, positively you can add one extension and run a Yezl Y3 with 2 cells (in series). See my pictures of the driver here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/28129 - it clearly shows a nice big inductor: this means "buck". Definitely works with 2 cells, probably 3 cells, though I haven't tried that myself. I see no reason why it would not work -- look at the 3 cell option on the CNQ site. Should be the same driver.

For the HD2010 -- you will fry something - there's no inductor on a HD2010 driver, so cannot handle bucking down the voltage.

Yes -- see my post #14 above. You can resistor mod the stock driver to get more amps. I added an R100 and got a nice boost - should be almost double the amps. Refer to the driver pics in this thread OP: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/28129 for detail view of the stock resistors (R180 and R150 in parallel).

You really should have gotten or waited for the 26 mm copper MT-G2 star - much much better to fit in a Y3.

Oh you did one too. How do yo ufind the beam in terms of flood and throw mix? More towards flood?

Well, it's a born thrower - think beam has less flood width than a HD2010 - makes sense, besides a larger I.D., the reflector in the Y3 is also deeper.

Here's my post #117 from https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/24076, back in March on my full out modded Y3, but still domed emitter. Theoretically it should get 260-270 kcd de-domed:

"Got the UCLp lens in today for the Y3. It looks fantastic, dark purple tint to the reflected light, perfect condition.

Results on a Powerizer cell at 4.21v

Lumens: 1,819 @start, 1,732 @30 secs and 136 kcd

I compared 2 different cells before/after Powerizer @4.21v and Efest 35A 18650 at 4.22v:

Powerizer: 4.5% increase in lumens (@30 secs), 8.8% increase in kcd

Efest 35A: 5.2% increase in lumens (@30 secs), no throw to compare"

Note: all my lumens and kcd measurements are "my own" taken on an older LX1330B meter - kcd taken indoors and lumens in a PVC constructed lightbox, accuracy can be freely debated (CYA all the way...)

Now I’m confused about the extension tubes.

I thought that we can just add two extension tubes and two more batteries to the stock Yezl Y3 and everything would be fine, just longer run time, are people saying that it will fry the light if we do that (use 3 batteries)?

Maybe I got the HD2010 questions confused with the Y3 ? Not sure... But - the Y3 should be safe with 2 cells in series definitely. Dunno for sure with 3.

Edit Update: Post #455 here - dangerous says it's good with 3 cells...

Yea, it messed up on me, so I went back and just ordered the Flashlight, then paid for it through PayPal — closed the site down then went back and ordered the two tubes — kind of a pain, but I got the discounts as per OP.

[quote=Tom E]

Read about them the day after my order. Story of my life ….procrastinate and wait to late to get something or being impatient and buying to early.

A Yezl version is sold as a 3-cell light, so works fine on 3. It's the same base unit sold as a single cell light.

Thanks, are these lights different from the one I bought from Wallbuys in March, or is it the same Yetzl Y3?

I got my two extensions today, they both came in a heavy zip lock bag, with two O-rings each, and a 18650 to 26650 adapter each.

The light looks good.

Edit… to be more precise, they came separately, one arrived yesterday, one today. I ordered one on August 19, and one on August 23, they both shipped on August 26.

Hi folks, I finally received my extension tube today; it was shipped by singapore post. I purchased the flashlight and extension tube about a minute apart. The flashlight was delivered by HongKong post about two weeks ago. WTF?

Dunno if there was a stock issue or what - could be the usual HK post shuffle/gamble/etc.. I haven't received either yet - mine were shipped Sep 8th and 9th.

This is really good news, I am glad the extension tubes are finally showing up. I ordered my Y-3 on 8/20, and tubes on 8/21. I received my light almost 3 weeks ago, but still no tubes. Now I have hope.

I received my 8 extension tubes w/adapters today but all have only a single o-ring.

Hi Gj,
I’m sorry for this issues, do you mind PM me with your order number and the pictures of the extension tubes, espcially the o-ring, so we can find ways to solve this problems!

Best Regards,
Gearbest.com.