Mod: My latest retarded super bright light ( <15000 LUMEN of NW tint mixed light and 200+ kcd)

Anyone got a product link or know the name of this light?

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_35886.html

Fyi, it was $87.22 when I bookmarked it.

http://kaidomain.com/product/details.S022371

$86.01. Still the same price as when I bookmarked it.

Here's one: fasttech-trustfire-tr-12t6 and here: dhgate-kinfire-k1200s-12-xm-l2. I know KD has one (one of the 1st places), plus eBay, AliExpress, etc., I'm sure. The farfarled guy lists it as XM-L2, but think the pic is XML's.

I got mine from DX. There’s a BLF coupon code. I also had some points to cash in. They shipped it right away and it was delivered without delay. It says XM-L2, but it’s not, and I didn’t expect it to be. Probably XM-L U2.

Wish I had a flashlight like that to compare to the 15 led supernight… That thing puts out so much light… Actually so much it lights up an entire room like it’s daytime pointing it strait up at the ceiling. The problem is it heats up like crazy and the lumens drop. It’s way brighter than the 5 led I have, dwarfs that light.

Anyways I’m happy with the 15, it’s just basically a toilet plunger club. It doesn’t bother me to hold it for long periods of time, and the next mode memory is just a minor inconvenience really. Just cycle it quick with taps on the end- don’t push the button in all the way. I might mod it with better wiring and copper braid the springs, but if I was in a haunted house- just sayin xd. You can see everything in front, behind you, it’s pretty slick. You can always extend it with another tube too like 4 batteries isn’t enough. It just gets too hot with 15 crees… Wonder if it affects longevity. I’ve brought it out on the farm and it lights up the area your working in nicely.

I’d really like to see a monster light though because I can just imagine if it’s really twice as bright. If mine gets too hot to touch, I can just imagine the sink on this thing turning into a stove. That can’t be good on the batteries either!

I bought my light from this seller. I had a 2$ coupon. OEM/no brand on it is something I really like.

Most stock multiemitter lights are driven to around 1-2 amps to each emitter. Im at 5A (peak, if not a bit more to each of the copper mounted XM-L2s. The few people Ive showed it to so far have not been impressed though. :(

They think its too bright and hurts their eyes if if turn it on indoors.

Basically, its beyond the, "that is a nice bright light you got there". :D

Personally I think its pretty EPIC. :D

With 20R at 3,7V (resting) im still getting 18A at the tail.

Thanks folks. Not my type of light, but I think my wife would love it. I'm a "start on Moonlight mode" type of person and she's a "start on High mode" type. I favor throwy, she favors flood. She also likes shorter lights.

Im not sure if I would consider the light short. :D

Its not front heavy like a BTU. I plan to make it start on a lower mode. Having memory and being able to start it on high could be really dangerous.

It's relatively short for it's battery config. I'm sure a lower mode on this light will be relatively high compared to any of our other multi-emitters. I also wouldn't be modding it to the hilt like yours.

Still in the gathering info stage. Would like to get her something with more capability than the soup can lights, but not long like our 3S 26650 lights.

The light in OP with 12 XP-G2s? Dedome the 6 along the edge. Find a suitable correction tint in the middle.

Might see around 300kcd of "big wide floody throw" if its taken all the way. I think you could like that.

Not sure how heavy she likes the lights, the OEM 12 XM-L is certainly on the heavy side of things.

Have you considered the Solarstorm L3?

I'm tempted, but on a light this big the lack of a side switch is a deal breaker. What were they thinking? :~

Next light: 12xMT-G2 - 60000 Lumens, 3 seconds of glory

RaceR86 wrote:

. . . Not sure how heavy she likes the lights, the OEM 12 XM-L is certainly on the heavy side of things.

Have you considered the Solarstorm L3?

She's a strong gal. Most of the time she grabs the M6. When she wants more light, she grabs the TR-9T6. If she wants even more light, I'm sure she will have no issue grabbing as heavy a light as I can reasonably provide.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the UF-15L2 (my name for it) because $59USD is just too good a price to pass on. Will be adding a couple momentary side switches to it.

I find myself saying this more and more. So many lights would be so much better with a side switch. Just the one side switch, I can’t stand those lights with a tail switch and a side switch. Ugh.

Like the shadow sl3, nice.

that is absolutely amazing!

I have this flashlight too and I really love it

nice mod - i tried something similar…

did you rewire the LEDs and used copper PCB or is it still standard?

but mine ist not finished yet (works - but needs moar power :wink: )

^ Super sweet mods there (up 2 posts). :) :) :)

+1