[Mod] ThruNite TN-31, How to increase the current to the led

I measure mine, voltage was 0.1494v. German forum mentioned 0.144v if I remember right.
So your 0.1494/(0.082/3) = 5.47A. I wonder what is the output lumens now.

Don’t know but its freaking blinding! Just how I like it! 8)

My best guess would be at least 1,500 lm.

AlexGT - thanks!!! Very much thanks for all the useful postings and info and addressing all my PIA questions!!

I had them at work order the 1206 0.082R resistors from DigiKey today (P/N you provided), and still need to decide on what emitter to go with. Thinking of super-thrower of de-domed XP-G2/SinkPAD -- if it's too low, I'll simply mount it on a 18 or 22 gauge copper disc - did this before on other mods, like the T08's. Plan is to use AS5 so center easier, but that assumes I got a good alignment piece for it -- I'll see. I'm 100% on gas method for de-doming, so will stick with that. I'll post measured results when it's all done, not sure when though..

Hi guys,
Just wondering with the tn31 sense resistor mod, I’ve got some 0805 resistors on the way (0.1R,0.2R,0.12R,0.15R,0.18R) which is best for the tn31 mod? 0.12R? If so will i be in to stack 2 0.12’s on top of original sense resistors, what sort of current will I be looking at, (don’t have a DMM) also with the second bit circled in the picture what’s it for…
!!

Why not just bridge the two resistors shown in post #12? It's how the TN32 is done and how Vinh mods the TN31. IIRC it makes just over 6.5A.

Sorry I’m a noob with circuits, still learning! Bridging is taking the resistor out and leaving a solder trace right?

Yes, or just leaving them in and soldering a wire over them.

Ok thanks! Great help! :slight_smile:

I recently did this along with some other things with my TN31. Made a hell of a difference!

I chose to pull the resistors off completely and replace with a solder blob rather than soldering over the top. This was because you don’t want it to be too high because the battery carrier contact plate which screws on top of the driver doesn’t have a very big recess in it.

My current measurement at the battery carrier holds stable at about 3.45A. Not sure what that translates to at the emitter?