Modded ( DD Fet+1 and XPG2 S2 2B/ XPL V6 1D) Convoy C8 vs Olight M2X Javelot ( the newest XPL HI revision) Updated

I am charging a brand new 25r atm, will keep you updated

Thanks for the first proper test of the VTC5A in a modded light Mitko :slight_smile:

Great to know they are as good as they seem in the fixed amp discharges curve tests.

What is your opinion on the mysterious fasttech XP-L HI V5 1A ?
I think if they are real they should be stronger than a V6 that has been dedomed, because dosen’t a XP-L lose more than 1 flux bin after dedoming.

Tested already with 25r, the max i could get is 5.7 amps…VTC5A is the best battery i have ever tested so far, yes it has a bit lower capacity but who cares….6 amps i have never seen on a XPL V5-V6, even 5 is hard to get, single battery setup

That particular emitter is very very good btw, i bought like 20 pcs of V6 1D but this one is exellent: after aditional measurements it gives 1974 lumens at start and 1795 at 30s even dedomed

About the FT V5 1A…well, i dont like XPL Hi versions, the ones i tested have kinda low lumen output, and a tint i dont like but in this case i think its just an error, for sure its a v2 1A
XLP is so easy to be dedomed though

Anyway, FTs U3 0D, V6 OD, S2 1A, U2 3d, u3 2a, v5 3a are ordered, if there is something interesting i will post it out of course

S2 1D aint that good, both from FT and IOS, hardly reaching 4amps, the last 2 even hot dedomed hardly reached 3.6 :~

I agree about that HI having to low output to be interesting, but that was when they only existed in V2 V3’s as a top flux bin, if they would start showing up in V5’s it would be convenient and easier to get exactly the tint you want. For example i would love a HI V5 3D version if it existed.

How do you like the dedomed tint of the XP-L V6 1D? compared to the non dedomed XP-L 3D (my favorite) and the dedomed XP-G2 S2 2B.

Kinda cooler, S2 2B as you know has a lovely pinky tint after dedoming
You wont like it under IOS AR glass but i do, has an exellent piersing powers even in not so good weather/air conditions

Well, its everybodys favourite m8 :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback Mitko :wink:

Where did you get these V6s?

Here
http://intl-outdoor.com/led-xpl-c-107_141.html

He said he got them at IOS and that is what we call Hank’s International Outdoor Store :wink:

Thanks. I ordered 2 to try out. I am sure the quality is good and the price is excellent too.

Mitko, thought you’d find this interesting… a fellow member here sent me a TS2010 to fix, those are always a problem, and he sent his 2 A6’s along for spring bypasses. Both A6’s worked, so I just did the spring bypass top and bottom with the through pcb on bottom. One is CW and one is WW, ok? BOTH read 6.18A on the meter! Don’t see that very often for sure, but it happens occasionally.

Fixing up his 2010 made me take another look at mine, the old original one I have with no name and in silver color. I’ve got a de-domed XM-L2 in it and it does 6.49A! Neat to see the high amps, even if they’re not the most efficient.

I find the results interesting on those “V6 1A’s”, last I heard (some time back) there was no V6 bin in the XP-L, according to Cree, but I guess maybe they’ve released a new one? I miss a lot, I know, so I obviously missed that as well. Wondering when those came out if they are, in fact, V6 bins? The output you’re getting would seem to indicate they are, always fun to see that magical 2000 lumen reading looming so close! :slight_smile:

Gotta look at buying more emitters now, gee thanks! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah A6 have some very good running emitters, unfortunately their 3D version isnt 3d at all and not V6, more or less V4 3C: i have Asensetex spectrometer at work( actualy its always with me in my work case) at its been calibrated every month, quite accutare btw

Those V6 1D on the other hand hvae a very good tint when dedomen and are quite okay considering their lumen output

Yeah cree has V6, i presume they are just too clumsy to update their datasheets :)…wonder when we can get out hands on those 303lumen/watt samples that they showed this year …

2010 is a good thrower, i just prefer Y3 better cause of its both tail and side switches and a bit better reflector

Hmm very interesting, i have been so :~ about why the A6 3D look so ugly, i have until now just assumed that it was because of the AR glass and have ordered some plain glass lenses to fix it. But if you are right it would still look 3C ugly bad :frowning:

Jexree Mini with an XP-L V6 3D

BLF A6 3D

Ok, i just have to drop in a real 3D then, but if this is true then Manker screwed us bad on this detail in the BLF A6.

Well i mentuoned this in the BLF A6 topic but since i knew the drama wil start and i dont wanna agrue different ppl was only once…. anyway it aint either 3d or v6.

I don’t think they ever said it was V6, i don’t think any flux bins where mentioned and because they bought the noctigons from IOS many probably assumed they got leds from there also.

Well, you can easy swap it- lets dont underestimate BLF A6 GB architects efforts, its not their fault: its a great flashlight btw, i count it in my personal top 4( after C8 and X6 + Yezl)

Those are really impressive numbers and a beautiful beam. My strongest C8 is a XP-G2 S2 1D gas dedomed on a linear qlite driver with 12 7135s stacked on there - 4.5 amps. Its in a XinTD host and hits 158k cd. I thought it was pretty strong until I saw your numbers :slight_smile:

I had a 2B emitter in there, in fact it came stock in the light, but after gas-dedoming it was really ugly, so I swapped for the 1D and its got much better tint. I guess I need to get another 2B emitter and try my hand at hot-dedoming. I’ve never done that. I should also swap in AR glass. That’s an easy change.

I think Manker screwed us royally on the BLF A6 deal, but you are right - statements like this can get one into some troubles here... Not the fault of the organizers - the real problems didn't appear til production, and I certainly was suspicious bout the LED's. After all, if they can't identify the bin, assume the worse, because down thru the supply chain, if no details are provided, they don't know because they didn't buy them from a legit source. In the end, there were a lot of corners cut - obvious in the quality of the host, and quality of the driver reflow assembly.

The idea of this GB was to put a custom modded tube light into the hands of the mass's for a reasonable cost. It sort of achieved that, but certainly wasn't as good as hoped for. When you think bout it, the 3 major components: host, driver and LED -- all suspect.

Going out on a limb, TK kept Manker pretty honest on the driver… it’s not perfect but she got all over em about getting it right so we got closer than we probably would have. The rest of it was a farce on multiple levels. So far the newest samples on the exotic X6’s show them stepping up the game but I’m cautious now, after seeing what they are capable of.

I gotta get me some of those V6 1D’s…

I got the V6 0D's on order from FT (but ready to be disappointed), but gotta order those V6 1D's fro IOS - $3.50 bare, nice price...

For the heat issue of difficult changing modes on the BLF A6 driver wondering if a bit of thermal silicone on the Off Time Cap would help keep it cool. I got a tube of the Fujik stuff from FT - not the grease, the kind that sets. I know ThruNite uses this type of stuff on the resistor banks on the TN32, and I've seen it used on other lights/drivers. Been wanting to try it out to see if it solves or at least improves the problem.

Design wise though the driver is fine. Just all those reported units that had bad solder joints, etc. - all the issue with the drivers were really production problems.

Yeah i ordered both V6 0D and U3 0D for evaluation too( also U2 3D), lets hope they wont dissapoint…much :slight_smile:

About the offtime cap….well, lets not comment A6 anymore :slight_smile: Its a good flashlight, cheers for all that participated!

The new X6….well, its my personal opinion but i think its head would be way debalances, Dale you put the Cu pill inside, you know what i mean: the original BLF one was realy great - X6 is a very good flashlight indeed and it has to be crowned the 2014-2015 BLF model though

About Convoy C8….well its a budget legent if you ask me, i like that flashlight more and more