Modded Eagle Eye X6 Shootout!

It ran fine with 2 half cells (18350) but didn’t make as much output and of course the run time was abysmal.

2 X 18500 might be more handy and have ~50% more run time than 18350. I’m still debating where to use some and what driver to control it. A mtnmax would allow Nichia, XP, or XML, and a Zener mod any of the 6V LEDs. I think the xhp70 might not reach potential with only 2 X 18350.

But… 2 18500’s won’t fit in an X6. This IS a thread about X6’s. :wink:

And no, 18350’s nor 18500’s do justice to the big emitters. Best to run those with full out top cells like the Efest 35A, LG HE-2, Samsung 30Q or the new Efest Purple 3100mAh cell.

And by the way, my Titanium X6 from Rey ended up with a Quad after all. Nichia 219C’s pulling 21.1Amps from an LG HE-2 cell for 4278 lumens. Man I love that light! :slight_smile:

Are you using the stock glass in front of triple cute lens in X6 triples or not?

I use a lens, but not the stock glass. I normally prefer a 35mm UCLp for it’s clarity.

Thank you Dale. Soon I will build my first triple. The host came yesterday. I always have a spare BLF driver. The leds, noctigon and lens are on their way. I need to buy a chunk of copper and get machined it somewhere. And then let there be light :sunglasses:

Don’t know if you’re aware or not, but kiriba-ru makes spacers and sinks, you might give him a shout…

Thanks but I think I can find someone with a lathe within my friends. If i had one I could do it myself but I can’t afford one.

Hi Dale! Are you changed anything in the tailcap for these high current triples or the switch and the switch board is stock? I ordered a high current switch board designed by PD68 from oshpark and I will make a lighted tailcap and spring bypass through board to switch.

I bypass the spring with a through-board connection on anything that I expect to be over 6 Amps. A few evaporated traces on the switch PCB taught me that quite a while back. :wink:

Thank you Dale! One more question: The spacer’s complete thickness as I saw on drawings is 7,6mm. Is this measured to the stock glass or an UCLP can fit in or without any glass?
No problem if you cant answer this and no need to disassemle one your lights because I can measure it when the XP32 and lens arrive. But if you can I can do the spacer earlier.

The UCLp replaces the stock glass lens. I like to have a lens over the optic because a glass lens won’t scratch as easily as the acrylic/polycarbonate optic will. A lot of people like leaving the glass lens out, but some of the optics have a rather deep recess directly over the emitter which can fill with dirt, lint, whatever. So, I keep it covered.

Yes I understand it and I will use glass to cover the lens. But the 7,6mm thickness of spacer measured to this setup?

This was designed on the Eagle Eye X6 light. The KRONOS X6 is different.

That’s it. Thanks a lot for your patience and instructions! :beer:

You’re welcome.

Hey Dale which Ledil Iris Optic did you use with the MT-G2? Are there other optics that can be used with that emitter? I’m looking for one to use in an C8. The only thing I’ve found so far, that might work, is the C12476_MIRELLA-50-S reflector. Any experience with one of those?

Pretty sure it was the Ledil 10861

In a C8, I just enlarge the aperture of the reflector to fit. Sometimes I even cut the aperture on a square to fit over the substrate, depending on the variables. I have a C8 with MT-G2 and this one is just sitting on top of the substrate with the aperture clearing the dome.

Hi,

i did the my first triple Mod of the X6 SS/CU. Driver was swapped against MTN17DDm. I used 3x XP-L Hi V2 3D, a heatsink from hoop, springs bypassed etc… The light makes 3585 Lumens (3777 on startup) on a VTC5.

I have 5 more heatsinks (and 2 for the old X6), so there will come more soon :wink:

The light fits very good in my little but colorful TIR collection but i still like my Roche F8 Quad (4x XP-G3) a bit more at the moment.

Regards

Kenjii

Nice collection Kenjii.