Modded: Small Sun ZY-T13 3.2 Amps or Sunwayman T40CS Clone

sounds like you are on the right track. the xpe2 will probably be your best bet for throw. the 60mm from KD needs some grinding to fit the T13 head and honestly I may have got a bad one, not sure, but it was a total P.O.S. projected multiple overlapping images. YMMV. they are never perfect on the first try, you will have to tinker with it. the other thing is, i just received 15 / T13’s from MANAFONT. TWO with aluminum reflectors and 13 with plastic reflectors. although the beam pattern is really good, i doubt they can take the heat of an overdriven LED. I hope you get one with an aluminum reflector. Needless to say I am not happy, and i don’t expect Manafont will do anything about it.

does anybody know if just the reflectors are available for the t13, t620, t08? The plastic reflectors in the t13’s i have , got to go!

kevin

I wrote in the additionl comments to send me alum. if they can, and i hope for the best :slight_smile:
Did you raise the leds in your aspheric build? because of the focal length. Also, if you didn’t grind it evenly, and it is off-center, it may produce that imho.

Uhhm, xp-e2 is almost impossible to get maybe going with xp-g2.

Can you tell which part of the head won’t fit with the lens? The bezel won’t screw on? Maybe just misaligned lens produce the overlapping images.
As i was unable to find an xp-e2 at reasonable price(free ship), i ordered an xp-g2 r5.

Its not misaligned, its a crap lens.

Well, then i hope mine won’t be so crappy.

I wish you luck with the lens they send you. Its the lens lottery, some good, some not so good. Unless you have lenses custom made :wink:

Idk if you’re experienced in lens, but could you tell me if a lens has got 10-80-90°beam angle. it means that if its in perfect focus, the die image will be 10° wide? and it can’t be smaller?
Or if another has 25-90° it can’t go below 25°?

At 3 meters the die image is 9 cm square(Approx). i’ll let you do the math on beam angle.

If i count well, it is roughly 2°, which is very good.
I hope my lens won’t be faulty.
Did you dedome the led, or it is in factory condition? which type?

no dedome, RED XPE

With xp-g2 domed
the image will be bigger, right?

yes

What do you think, how much will i won/lose with xp-g2 versus xp-e? Because xp-e2 isn’t available for me, so i could go with xp-g2, or xp-e, or maybe an xr-e, but i don’t think i could find an ez900.

hmmm…not sure. almost of the lights i build use the red or green xpe or xpe2.

Oh man, i can’t believe this. Arrived, but with plastic reflector. It isn’t a problem, because i don’t want to drive the led very hard and it is easier to removethat centering ring no need insulation, BUT, mine seems glued together at the driver pill and reflector head thread.
It it normal, and i just have to apply more strength, or a new “update ” like the plastic reflector?

Edit: That plastic reflector really sucks. I tried it to clean with microwave cloth although it looks like it was orange peel……

Here it is:

I am not sure what kind of glue it is, but you can see the spill of it on the pictures.
That stains can be removed but they definitely stick, so not grease :frowning:

Any suggestions?

Heat is always good to remove a lot of differnt glue types.
Someone suggested in another’s thread to use lighter fuel on a thread locked olight pill. But I haven’t tried this personally…

Werner suggestion is good. Have you tried to put the light in a bag and then in boiling water for a couple minutes?

Till now, not. I tried to clamp it on a vise but i didn’t want to broke it so i stopped.
But I have a bigger problem now.
BANG! I fried the led.
It happened when i tried to add more heat paste under the led. I soldered off, put on that grease, and resoldered, it worked but i put too much tin on the cables and the reflector didn’t fit. I removed some, but the cables were very poor quality, the insulation melted off. I reassembled the light, but the beam was off center, so I reassembled it. The light flashed once, then turned off automatically. I did it(ugly me) twice, then the led went south. I tested the driver with voltmeter( i dont have spare led now) and it showed 8V on high without load, about 6v on mid and 2.6v on low. I think the driver is working, and because it has a small coil, it may have enough sag under load to make that 4V. So i am looking for a new led. I’ll stick with stock reflector. Any suggestions? xm-l2?