Modded: Small Sun ZY-T13 3.2 Amps or Sunwayman T40CS Clone

Eagletec is crap, get rid of it :smiley:

PS:can someone help me with ohm-amps data? (calculations?)

0.7 ohm would give 3.2 amps, how many amps do you want to get?

I want to do this, but lost on how that pot is connectedā€¦is it just connected by wire to either side of the resistor? can I just use another resistor instead of the pot? what value would that resistor need to be 0ā€¦7ohm?

edit: can you send me a link to this pot so I can buy itā€¦the guy in town doesnā€™t have any this smallā€¦thanks

would this do? 10pcs 10 ohm 3296W Trim Pot Trimmer Potentiometer 3296 | eBay

I want to get 2,8-3,0, something like that.

But iw would be neat to try 3,5A too (XML is best on 3,5A If Im remember well, I mean, it gives maximum lumens, even more than on 4,0A)

Today I bought resistors
0,22 ohm
0,47 ohm
1 ohm

(I know, I can put 0,22 and 0,47 in series and Ill have 0,7ohm.

What result would be with only 0,22 or 0,44?

I AM HAPPY WITH THIS :smiley: THANX ONCE AGAIN :smiley:

Pounder, that trimpot should work, but IMHO you are paying too much for a 75 cent part, I soldered the legs of the trimpot to each side of the resistor.

Ecig, just use the .7 ohm resistor, when using lower values the current just rises very fast, direct drive most likely will fry the driver/ led, mine measured 8 amps for the brief second I turned on, I consider myself lucky for not damaging anything, IIRC 0.8 ohm might give you around 2.8 - 3.0 that you are looking for.

yeah I knowā€¦I canā€™t find anything locally and online theyā€™re all too bigā€¦also there are 3 legsā€¦which 2 legs do you use? seems sourcing the trimpot is going to be the hardest part of this whole modā€¦

If you have TV repairshops in your parts of the world, or something like that (even in small towns), you can try to buy resistors there for small price.
Thats what I did :slight_smile:

what are the resistors called R220? or is that resistance values? are they called sense resistors?

@ POunder - I dont know :slight_smile: Just buy some resistors :slight_smile:

@ Alex - what are IIRC resistors?

I bought resistors that are in the shape of cylinder, wich are use din TVs etc.

bah this is too complicated lolā€¦

IIRC = if I remember correctly

IIRC = if I remember correctly,

Ecig and pounder, I could just go buy the trimpot I used and send it to you if not too expensive to ship, or just pay the actual shipping cost, let me know if you are interested, will be near the store this weekend

I got mine today and the tailcap reading was .946 amps x 2 = 1.892 amps.

Mine was close to that too llikeflashlight, but a simple trimpot solved the problem

nice of you to offer Alexā€¦if I pull the trigger on this light I will take you up on itā€¦still thinking about it lol

Well really in my honest opinion for the price I see know reason to want to change it. For the money, itā€™s probably the best $24 light I have seen.

Hereā€™s a shot with mine at 350yds on 1.2 sec shutter, f/4.5 and ISO 400.

Did you measure this resistance with a cheap DMM? If so, the true resistance is much lower than 0.7ohm.

I have an other information about the resistance / current relation: 0.22ohm -> 1.47A

Alex thanx for the offer but I think postage would be too expensive. I can order it in my country too (but also dont want to pay for postal expenses for such tiny and cheap thing :slight_smile: ).

I have these resistors and Ill put 0,7ohm, thanx to your info, and that would be it.

hmmmmā€¦

Now I dont know wich one to put, 0,22ohm, 0,48ohm or both??? (or 1 ohm)

(I dont have any good multimeter to measure current.

But I can do it in primitive way - to see how much it will heat up?

Nevertheless, viffer, if you have good MM and data, pls share them!

Tell us with wich resistor values we will get wich current/amper valuesā€¦

Maybe he ven got resistance wrong?

IO have cheapest MM from ebay, I bought new wire thingies with metal for it (but nothing changed)

I bought resistors, presumably, of 0,22, 0,47 and 1,0 ohms (a pair od each)

And I measured, consistently, 1,3, 1,5 and 2,3 ohms.
So go figure, this MM is total crap.