[Modding] Haikelite MT07S --> NarsilM

Test of the ramping function :

Comparaison with MT07S / MF01 / L6

stock MT07S on turbo :

Video coming (uploading…)

That is a ton brighter...

Good to see it doesn’t have the indentation behind the MCPCB like the MT02 had.

Is that MT01 Nichia or XP-G3? I know it’s modded, but that is BRIGHT!!!

Scroll above that... I want to meet the machinist that can make that head from a single piece of stock including the shelf and not have that mark.

I'm no machinist by far but, all that I asked said the same thing. The shelf would need to be added separately after making the head if you didn't want to see that... Or fill it...

Even if you needed such a centering mark in the lathe its easy to add one machining step to plane the shelf

It is right that mcpcb seat is not very well surfaced but overall quality is good. Machining such a part cost €€€€ here in Europe.

But your remark is good and I can let Haikelite about this improvement.

I thought so too but everyone I asked seemed to view it as a waste of time. Said it is easier to just fill it.

Machining is something I want to learn even at my age. I just do not have the time needed to even begin.

It does not seem to hurt anything in a stock MT07S but at these heat levels I would definitely fill It...

This could be fine finished for better heat transfert:

The reason the MT07S has a 4S battery configuration for a 6V emitter is to provide stable output as the batteries drain. I’ve found it complaint-worthy that other lights that could easily be configured this way often aren’t, such as the Nitecore TM16 (4S batteries, 4S emitters that could have been 2S2P instead).

I get it for FET hot-rods of course, but I’d much rather my general-use lights have stable output.

Nice comparison. I just received the Q8 and the MT07S and I agree. I like the build of the MT07S more. I’m just getting into this and I’m wondering how I would go get a NArsilM driver so I can get the ramping function as well.

thanks again!

yeah a very good light ! but driver mod is not easy for this 3S light.

i just did a video with the modded MT07S and MT03 :

how did you get the reflector retaining ring off? i just got mine in the mail and it has a bad rattle like the reflector or something is loose, i also have a blemish on my reflector. wanted to open it up and see if i can tighten up whatever is rattling .

Hey how are you doing man? Welcome to BLF! I assume you mean the stainless steel bezel? Just place the light on the palm of your hand, exert a pressure, and twist the body counter clock wise (like normal thread).
There is no glue or loctite, at least not on my lights.

Same for me
Not glued…easy to unscrew

If you mean the retaining ring at the board I finally had to grind down a pair of needle nose pliars to a point that would fit onto the little notches.

I didn't see any traces of thread lock but that ring was very hard to get off.

Side note... Once I did get that off the bezel was much easier to get off..

i got it, thanks for the help, mine was very tight so i used a leather glove and it came loose, just reseated everything and it stopped the rattle. what is the best thing to clean the reflector with after a fingerprint or smudge etc. Im a long time lurker here and finally registered. ive always looked and CPF but have wanted to get into modding lately and have discovered this site has a lot more info. i currently have a big pile of supplies from mtn electronics waiting to build my new c8 hosts, just waiting on the artic silver !!!

I got now also an updated design for this driver
MT03

When I got em all tested I will add Oshpark links here

and sale in my TA driver batch as complete driver

Just wondering where can I purchase this driver for my MT07S Haikelite?