More blades in fasttech

It would be great if they get SRM 681 on stock. Exduct stock went away fast as fire and that is a great little knife…

I think I know of someone who’s gonna order this cute little thing tomorrow:

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10001877/1150900-sanrenmu-gr5-605-folding-pocket-knife

any opinions ?

Just ordered the GV-604 version of that knife. Should make for an interesting letter opener if nothing else.
I'll post back once I get in on impressions. I'm not really expecting much from a $5 knife though.
For decent knives you have to spend a bit more. IMO, best $ to performance, and design, see the kershaw leek. Can be had to for under $30, and it's a great little knife. There are smaller versions of it as well.

I have a bunch of the better Chinese knives from SRM and others. My fav is the Enlan M025. That’s a good knife for the money.

I know what you mean about opening letters, but i like it as a cheap treat, not looking for a great edc anyway. It’s just a nice funny little knife to have around in the living room that is less likely to freak my gf out. FOr larger folders i’m very happy with my ganzo 704. Do you know how much is that kershaw around here? a guess? approx. 89 usd (69 Euro…) That’s why i won’t be probably buying anything else than Srm’s for a long time.

Wow, $89 for a kershaw leek is insane... there must be counterparts you can get cheaper though. Boker comes to mind...

But yeah, I know exactly what you mean. This is not an EDC knife. Just something interesting. I don't think i would have even ordered it, if it wasn't for having a small credit with them.

All knives I looked at are made from “stainless steel” - means not much.
I’m curious what kind of steel is used to make them.
For example: http://www.fasttech.com/products/1901/10000815/1069519-160-stainless-steel-foldable-tactical-survival-kni against http://www.buckknives.com/index.cfm?event=product.detail&productID=3563

Thanks for the link!

ordered 5 605s right away, best city-EDC ever if you ask me.

“insane”… well, not sure if the word i’d use…. :wink: and rest of known brands are the same. Truth is, as far as i know, that most of brands outsourced premium lines to china, to factories like srm-ganzo (gerber), and Boker is not an exception. Check this thread, for me it’s actually funny:

Boker is the one actually rebranding a cheap chinese folding, and charging 3x…. that’s why I prefer to order the cheap one right away.

5?? :bigsmile:

better to have sufficient reserves…

(as gifts, of course :slight_smile: )

Sp5it,

All the SRM, Enlan/Bee, Ganzo & Navy knives use a 8Cr13MoV alloy. If you research some larger “name” brands like; K*rsh@w, B&ck,G$rb$r,Sp%d$rc*, you will find knives using the same alloy.

:santa: +1

cheap china knives are great, i have a drawer full of them and really enjoy them but my work edc is a rainbow leek, fit and finess is unparalleled. incredibly sharp and does not raise a red flag at my daily job that is very sensitive about weapons. when i get home it is knife of the week. i have a drawer full of really expensive knives tat get no more use than the chana knives do. )

kedn

I like the prices of this web but still they haven’t interesting knives from Enlan, SRM, Ganzo and Navy for me.
Exduct must to do free shipping with the same prices and i think they will crack the world chinese knives market. :bigsmile:

The 604 is $3.99 from Exduct. They had the 605 for $3.99 off and on. I got two. I like all my Chinese knives.

I wish they added Ganzo G201 black version and G301 :D!

Veer, i think there’s a secret masterplan: they never sell cheap ganzo multitools if they’ve got scissors. I still need to find out why this conspiracy , but i know what i’m talking about. And the voices agree with me… :smiley:

Couple days after the Gerber Remix, the Ganzo:
http://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10002370/1173800-ganzo-g706-2-blade-folding-knife-multi-tool

this is really unusual, don’t know of any other site wich carries both models…. and not only that, the Gerber branded one being the cheapest of them!!! S)

Wasnt there some sort of option to request products so they can list some?

Anyone tried to request something and see it being added?

How did you do it, if it worked :D?