More Fake Convoys from Gearbest.

Yep that was the old one. The new c8’s have a pill-less design.
You received the new, and real one.

tnx

thats what has stoped me form buying them in the past is to much unknow even with genuine ones.
gift box, no gift box, thin box, brass pill, aluminum pill etc.
even on post #38 were Tapis brought it direct from Simon at Aliexpress it has damaged 7135 chip.
theres is no real quality controll and in this case the manufacture need to step up this game.

@myhken. You could also look underneath the reflector, there shouldn’t be a pill which you can unscrew.
(led board is mounted directly to a flat face of the flashlight.)

Oh and be careful with the reflector and led!

Don’t think I want to risk anything. They work. They are from BangGood, so I hope they are real.
When I get my new C8s from Gearbest.com I can compare. Then, if necessary, I can do more research.

Thanks Jub! I Pm’d Gina over at Gearbest and she took good care of my situation.

Yup. This was a BLF team effort. I even tried the guilt thing. “But it’s my son’s 10th birthday and he love’s my wife’s red one and he really wants blue” :smiley: I’m glad the blue is finally happening. BLF has a pretty big voice these days. Should only be roughly a month give or take. He still wouldn’t budge on green though. He told me won’t make them because he thinks green flashlight are ugly! LOL

I’d like to mod a big old Green D cell MagLite with a XHP70. Maybe have it laser etched “Go Green” (to troll my U of M friends) or “Extreme Malice”.

The flood of fakes coming from Gearbest should be over by now. Simon confronted Gearbest a while back about all the fakes and they told him they weren’t selling the fakes anymore. If it’s any comfort, he told me if they continue to sell fakes he will stop supplying them and make an announcement here on BLF. Personally I’m staying away from them anyway. I like to order my Convoy lights directly from Simon. He’s easy to deal with, shipping is always very cheap or free and my orders which are usually customized for either tint or a few extra 7135’s typically arrive in around 15 days. He’s very good about getting the details right and you don’t risk getting a fake Convoy.

Ditto on highlighted above.

Simon do only send the red one out in gift box, if you don’t pay extra for it on the others. Got some black and gray S2+ from him without gift boxes. But on my next order, I ordered gift boxes for the lights on that order + some spare for the other ones without gift boxes from the first order. No problem at all. Each gift box is $1.4/pcs

Good point. I meant to comment on that too. The only Convoy I have that came in the fancy gift box was the red S2. My other genuine Convoy lights came in standard generic boxes. It’s what’s inside the box that matters. Most important is to know exactly what should be in the box. The fakes aren’t always as obvious as they used to be. I think some of the fake red S2 came in a fairly close copy of the original gift box. While I agree with Bugsy that Gearbest isn’t the source of the problem, I am not ready to excuse them as they did not react quickly enough or acknowledge their part and offered garbage solutions like “withdraw your PayPal dispute and we’ll give you a partial refund”. The fact that they tried to buy good reviews and bribe people to have honest negative reviews removed is all I need to know for me to cross them off my list. To be fair it does seem that the rep that posts here is trying to help but if you work for a big company that doesn’t value ethical business practices, one honest employee can only do so much. The counterfeit market is a huge problem in China as any honest Chinese seller will tell you. Sorry for the long winded rant. Just my two bits. I’ve been a Convoy fan since they hit the market and I don’t like seeing Simon’s hard work be ripped off. China wouldn’t even let him protect his name because some company named “Conjoy” had already been protected. Now he has to try other routes just to secure the name of the brand be built. Just ain’t right…

I think there is a big problem knowing what you are getting from a lot of top end manufacturers as well as some of the budget ones.

I recently received an Olight M22 from gearbest and it has problems. Mode switching is inconsistent, it only pulls 2.1A and most noticeably the build quality just doesn’t match my Olight i6, which is a much cheaper light. Now I know it’s not a fake but it does make me wonder if these get outsourced just like budget lights do. What also surprised me was when I started a thread about it quite a few people had underpowered Warriors too. So it’s a problem not a one off.

Marc

After looking at thr fake and real S2+ side by side, the real one is more red and the fake has a orange tint to it’s anodizing.

Any news about C8 from GB? Are they shipping real C8s now? I have 4 in the mail, sent 12.August, so hoping they are real.
They have fixed their S2+ issue.

GearBest has far more problems than just fake Convoy's - it's only indicative of their practices. I hope no one really believes they are not at fault here. From selling fake cells, to claims a $4 SK68 camo clone has a UCL lens, and neutral tint, to the total farce of the Sharp Eagle under $10 lights with AR lens, neutral tints, SS bezels. It's taking the deceit to a whole new level. They also will not publish a negative review, and so far have not responded in any meaningful way to address these problems (coupon offers are the usual response). Just compare with BangGood - same exact Sharp Eagle lights advertised correctly, and presence of negative reviews. So, did BangGood remove the mis-leading listings provided by the vendors or did GearBest "enhance" them? I would love to know...

It's repeated over and over - they say they can't keep up with the 1,000's of products and 1,000's of reviews submitted daily - yes, they told me this (only have time to post good reviews I guess). I'm not just mouthing off, I've been working at trying to, begging them to stop it, submitting PP disputes, submitting un-posted reviews, submitted Q's - several things. The only thing they seem to understand is the threat of a PP claim, at least so far.

I see several people are shrugging this off. The reviews of the lights we do here also shrug off the inflated specs - the reviewer gets the lights for free from GB, so no reason to be too harsh on them - more reviews, more free lights. I turned down a review and offer from GB because of the false specs - they then pulled the light from their website - not sure what happened there...

I'm hoping they can turn it around because in many respects and in some areas, they got their act together - seem to get the latest products in quickly, and offer some great deals, and seems some reps do listen and respond.

Good post, Tom - Thank you.

-Chuck

Got my first two Convoy C8 (1 x 7135 x 8 and 1 x x 6) from Gearbest.com today, they was shipped 30.July. And both was real.
The amazing thing is that the light from the GB’s C8 is better then the lights from BangGood’s NEW Convoy C8 AK47 (also one 7135 x 8 and one x 6). I used freshly charged Panasonic 18650BE batteries on all four lights, and the lights from Gearbest gives “much” better light.
The only reason I can see without any knowledge of flashlights is that the reflector? (the metal body from the LED to the glass) is smooth on the lights from Gearbest.com, but not smooth on the lights from BangGood. (only the 7135 x 8). (Ps! I now see that they sell OP and/or SMO reflectors at BG, so I have got on of the OP?)

The next lights from GB will be the new type (but not called AK47), on the pictures they have a smooth reflector.

Here is some pictures, the two on top is from Gearbest.com (x8 then x6), and the two at the bottom is from BangGood (x8 then x6)

I have just had an email from Gearbest saying the are REFUSING to refund me for the fake c8 as they now want a picture of the envelope which has, of course been throw some weeks ago as they said they WOULD be refunding me.

Karen @gearbest you need to comment on this as this is poor.

Marc

I ordered one Convoy C8 from GearBest on July 30 but still have not received it yet. How long does it usually take?