More Fake Convoys from Gearbest.

They have changed their mind again and are now refunding my paypal.

They are a bit slow, I would say a week longer or so.

Marc

For swift refund:

• Make a quick unboxing video (HD if possible) with your mobile phone or videocam. Inspect and test your product in the video itself.
  • Upload your unedited video(s) to youtube, dailymotion, OneDrive, Gogle Drive, etc
  • Create a ticket in their store without delays. Highlight your problem and present your proof at the same time.
  • Take a series of still photos close up photos with company barcode, invoice and warranty card on demand.
  • Follow up the ticket reply diligently. Be patient and keep your cool.
  • If you are unable to come to terms with vendor, you will have to resort to PayPal or CC claim.

this applies to all purchase made oversea shipments.

But Ebay’s shipments from China or Hong Kong to US are usually much faster. e.g. 10 days to 2 weeks.

For lost package, you can create a ticket now but you will have to wait at least 42-45 days to ensure it is not due to shipping delay. Once it is presumed lost, you will be offer a resend, store credit or Paypal refund.

eBay is NOT Gearbest.

I think that a lot of the time eBay ships Epacket.

Thanks,
-Chuck

So why Gearbest cannot ship the same way as Ebay.
Its very frustrating to wait for Gearbest and some others that I found on this forum.

Because: eBay market capitalization: $32.31 billion

Big gorilla. They can fill cargo planes with stuff every day and then distribute the stuff when it comes onshore.

You have maybe not got anything from Ebay before?
Ebay is not ONE store, it’s thousands of stores and sellers. You buy via Ebay, but its the store or seller that ship the item. Ebay has nothing to do with that. But Ebay handle payment, complaints etc. Actually its one of the safest places to buy stuff from, since they now have increased their money back guarantee from 90 to 180 days.
And if a seller have sold you a fake product or some thing crappy, you can ask for your money back, and Ebay demands that the seller pay your return shipping cost, if the buyer want the item(s) back + what ever you paid for the item(s) and shipping to you.

But Ebay has no store, no warehouse, nothing. All items is coming directly from the sellers. So they can’t fill a cargo plane every day, since every items comes from each small or big seller all around the world. Any all have different shipping metodhs, some send really quick, some send really slow. Some take the shipping in to the price, some take shipping fees. And Ebay also have the auction part. But all the stuff is coming directly from the sellers, not Ebay.

DealExtreme is a large seller, they sell products like it theirs, but it actually comes from different stores/seller/factories. (sometimes you can choose what seller you want to use for that product), but DX collects all the goods, and send them like it’s directly from them.

Amazon is a hybrid between Ebay and DX. Amazon has stuff in stock in their warehouse. But many products, comes directly from different stores/seller, but Amazon is the “seller”.
And they also sell used stuff (of course, you can buy used stuff on Ebay also, since everybody can put out thing for sales there).

That was I thought before. So my question remains: Why Gearbest cannot have a faster way to ship the product to the buyers.

You guys may want to take a look at this:

“USPS Deal with eBay Helps Expedite Chinese Imports”

Thanks,
-Chuck

There may be difference reasons. However, some other stores have faster shipment than GearBest and also may be KD. For example, my orders from Banggood, Dealmetic and Geekbuying arrived much faster. I don’t think they are affiliated with Ebay. If they do, there’s no reason why GearBest cannot do the same thing. Maybe I just got lucky with these orders, but still the orders from GearBest are the slowest I have ever experienced.

Exactly this. Ebay “ePacket” mail is special and will be faster.

Thinking about ordering the $13.40 C8 from Gearbest. Pretty good odds I get a real one at this time They did give me a store credit for the fake S2+ I received.

Here’s how eBay explains their global shipping bundling service for US sellers.
I have been told that eBay.dot-other-country — including China — offers similar bundling for people shipping overseas.
The idea is to speed up international transport for people selling across national borders.

You’d have to be there to find out more about your specific country’s version of eBay.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/shipping-globally.html

(No, I didn’t know that ’til a minute ago, in any detail.
As the White Queen said of Alice,I have “… a poor sort of memory that only works backwards.”
If I remember, I put my opinion into ’oogle first. Usually I find I wasn’t quite exactly up to speed on what the world knows, on any subject.)

They always trick you to spend more at their store. If I were you, I would give up the credit and forget about GB forever.

I got 2 fakes and would only expect one of two things:

1. full refund to paypal as store credit blows IMO

2. resend new *real* s2+

I opted for option 2 and have a couple of new s2+'s on the way since July 28 ... couple of more weeks and I hope they show up!

I still have not received my C8 yet. I am still waiting. It is really slowest shipping I have experienced, even considering it is from China.
There’s another experience. I ordered a multimeter from them. It should be free shipping. However, they also listed having a priority US shipping for $1.25 and derivery time will be 4 - 7 days. From the C8 experience, I paid $1.25. When I saw the order receipt, it says standard shipping. I opened a ticket and their reply was it is from China so there was no priority shipping but no mention about what was the $1.25 for. I asked through the ticked but have not get reply yet.
I am not sure GearBest is an honest company. My experience with GB is much worse than others similar companies such Banggood.
I will try not to order from them again if there are other alternatives.

Abut shipping, twice have I used expedited shipping at Gearbest.com. Both times the shipping has cost more money then the item(s) I have ordered, because of the stupid $40-42 limit here in Norway. (over $42 or $40, depending on the currency, I have to pay 25% VAT on all, including shipping and $30 in custom fee).
The first package got here within 4 days after they sent it. It took some days before they sent it, but it was delivered on my door.
The second shipment, took for ever. I actually forgot that I had paid for the second package (item = $18, shipping = $22), it took so long time, suddenly DHL called me and I got this package, totally forgot what or where I had ordered it from. But it was from Gearbest.com. In the same time frame, Gearbest.com had sent me normal shipping packages, ordered after the DHL package, and they had been delivered. At that time I had no control over all the packages that was incoming from GB, BG, DX, Ebay, Alibaba and Aliexpress, if it had been only the one package I was waiting for and had ordered, I had sent a complaint after a week. I think the total shipping time with DHL was 3 weeks or so. So a waste of money, thats for sure.

My observation is that GearBest has some good deals. However, they try to squeeze out as much from shipping as possible. I don’t like this. Not that their total price is good but I don’t think this is an honest approach. In my view, honesty is most important in business.