More New Cree Goodness coming....

I got a light overdue for a LED upgrade. It's already set up for 6V LED's with original XHP50's - the HI or HD? Good question...

Is the 50.3 HD going to come in only 6000k+ 3V variants or do you reckon weā€™ll see some ~5000k 3V variants at all?

Bummer :weary: . I donā€™t have any 6v 50.2 lights. Oh well, at least Iā€™m good with a razor blade.

That looks like fun, wow 16 lightbulbas! Thermal regulation nightmare.

I myself do wonder if - or how much - we can expect tint variation.

[quote=Sunnysunsun]

Dont see any plans on 3V beyond 6-7k
Cheers

Well, Simon started selling his 6v 50.2 driver recently as a separate option, and he has quite a few lights that it will work in. i'm thinking L21a or L21b specifically! this is VERY Exciting, even in 6volt/12volt. i think a group buy among friend would be nice :))

Mark, for the XHP50.3 HI, you have this part # listed: XHP50D-H0-0000-0D0BJ450E, where the "B" before the J4 designates it as 70 CRI min, but you have it listed at 80 CRI. Is that correct?

But still, a J4 binned HI version at 5000K? Wow! Do you think the HD's will be higher binned at K2 or K4, still 5000K?

I see you only have 8 bare pieces left, so not sure I'm interested in an order that small. Do you expect more to come in soon? Guess I could order them mounted, you got more available that way.

Hhmm, for qty 18 (16 + 2 spare) that's $133 plus shipping... Hhhmmm.... Any qty discount on 18?

Hi Tom
Yes we had hoped to get a 80CRI shipped, but the part is 70 CRI and I have adjusted the web site. K2 in HD will be standard at 70CRI, possible we will see K4 bins ship once Cree are fully rolling. I have around 25 emitters available right now, if you enter that qty into cart you will get a discount
Cheers
Mark

I just went to cutter's page to try and buy some xhp50.3 HI, 5000k. BUt they all say (on mcpcb's) configured to either 6v or 12v.. can they be used on a 3volt mcpcb? My guy says no, but i saw the post and data sheet info that says can be configured to either 3/6/12volt.

I'd appreciate any help, I don't want to buy a 6/12v only unless I know it's that while I'm buying it. I'm so confused.. . I prefer 3v regardless of tint and cri, I just want to try the HI XHP.3 emitter out.

I spent some time searching. It looks like the 3v isnā€™t out or just not for sale yet.

What I understand the hi version does not come in 3V configuration, just the hd version in cool white comes in 3V. 6V/12V is the same led with a diffferent PCB, but 3V requires a different led build.

Thank you both! Looks like it's either waiting time or maybe not at all.. I will have to do some Convoy builds to try out those xhp50 HI's..

to reconfirm

50.3 HI DOES NOT COME IN 3V
only HD will be 3V
Cheers

Well thatā€™s sucksā€¦Hopefully weā€™ll see it in lights like the MF01S. I really want something like an X50 but cheaper.

yea, that is a friggen fail if I ever heard of one.. I know the flashlight industry is peanuts to a mfg like Cree, but that just sucks all the way around. I mean there are drivers made and that will be made, but it's another workaround and incompatibility issue..

anyway, yea a 2s2p massive light would be cool, with 3k or 5K tint :))

although- now I'm thinking- I can put one of these setup for 12v in a K1 (xhp35 hi model). In fact, I will be doing that. Once they are available more locally or with less shipping costs

Digikey has listed the XHP50.3 and XHP70.3 recently, MOQ of 1 and lead time of 10 weeks.

I am so confused by that website.. I hate being stupid lol. I will eventually order some 50.3 in 5K & 3k. Anyone who wants someone to "go in" with them, I will. I'm in the US

Just dropped by to tell you that Kaidomain is listing an XHP50.3 HI for pre-order. The only additional information listed is ā€œCree XHP50.3 HI J4 3A Neutral White 5000Kā€. Click/tap here for the official Cree XHP50.3 datasheet. High CRI options galore.

Nice, hope some good CRI90+ variants arrive soon at the usual retail channels.

Canā€™t wait!!