more powerful then the sky ray king

As its not specified, I guess its CW because that seems to be standard.

That’s supposed to be in theory and actually i agree with you. However in practice, that means we won’t be buying any light for the next 5 years or so esp if we are not doing branded lights. :smiley:

I have a Uniquefire 3900, it means 1650 lumens OTF. My TF J12 measures 2250. Very much the same hotspot size. I can sense that it is brighter and it is good enough for me. Difference is 36%.

Now SR King is 2200. TF X100 is 3350 (3 cells). Difference 52%. I think he’d be happy with the result.

Ok we can put it this way too. I light up the J12 and have 2250 lumens OTF. Then light up the UF 3900 and get 2250 + 1650 = 3900L OTF. Am i happy? Yes!

Are there other sites other then CNQG, who have the NW King, because with postage it is $85 from CNQG

http://www.lightmalls.com/sky-ray-king-desert-yellow-4700k-natural-warm-color-light-3xt6-3xcree-xm-l-t6-2000lm-3-mode-led-flashlight-4x18650

You should get the TK70, S1, J12 - complete set. :smiley:

It’s not cheap nor worth it, but you can drool to it…

Hi, Nick. Welcome.

You want a lot, and I’m afraid you will be laboring in want like the rest of us here once you realize that you are at the top of your game in output with the King. I have the King and it is as amazing as everyone says it is. But if you are coming from a throwy beast like the SR90 (which I admit I don’t have), you won’t feel the same awe as with anything throwy.

You know what my most “wow-y” light is? The King. But even though the King may be number 1, it is somewhat matched in impressiveness - and in one way, surpassed - by the STL-V2. It is untouchable in my collection because it can light up stuff at over 500 yards. I have yet to see a distance within remote access be too much for it. The King throws because of sheer incredible lumens, but real throw is something different. You’ll love the King, and unfortunately, everything else in that power range is too big. That’s why the biggies become shelf queens faster than any. Even the STL-V2 has been shortened with the body of of KE-5. Now, it’s my pocket-rocket! Best I own!

So you are pretty much like Galactus wondering where the biggest planets are to chow down on. The meal is right in front of you, my friend! :smiley:

95k cd thrower (TK70)

HID thrower (about 6500 lumens OTF)

Wow, those are AWESOME shots!!! (are they yours?). Thx for sharing. I really gotta get a SLR again. =)

this light thing is getting to my head , now that someone mentioned the xtar s1, i cant seem to look away from it, i didnt know it existed. it seems perfect, it is not too big,(only 240mm) length and more powerful then the king with excellent flood and throw combination, seems perfect???!?

What do you think, is there any other lights in that size/price range that i need to know about before i regret the purchase?

No problem, send the money to my bank, and i will lwt you know when i receive the lights, lol

For one XTAR S1 you can buy 3-4 SR King.. :p

I stick my King in my TM 11 holster and carry it 8+ hours on duty . I am using my King every day, all my others are collecting dust !

@Manny - is that a pic of Ralf in your avatar?

I saw this image on Flickr looking under lights and felt in love with it, it reminded of me throwing light at night. We as light lovers are either lonely folks, or real flashaholics or maybe both …… :bigsmile:

If it is Ralph …. Thanks for the bad ass image !

For those who don't know Ralf:

http://www.popsci.com/diy/article/2008-01/handheld-sunbeam

I still remember this article distinctly the first time I read it in PopSci. His creations would definitely be more brigther than the SkyRay King (actually most of the lights on this forum for that matter except for maybe ma_sha1's). This guy doesn't do beamshots, he does cloud shots... LOL

Get it from HKE, very fast service and it’s branded as a Sky Ray so you know it’s the real deal, instead of generic non-branded; I bought from HKE and highly recommend them. NW US$ 69.99 w/shipping.

http://hkequipment.net/index.php?sp=&p=6&cat2=51&cat1=32&cat0=1&id=1340&cat1=32&cat0=1&new=&more=&s=cf8e755bc962651b07c3141e8f2b5498&lang=en

Ebay ! I got mine from a guy on ebay. He takes the time to open it, check and put batteries in it for proper functions. He lives not far from where they produce the lights. Mine was at home in 6 business days…. Leo-shop is the sellers name …… It was $68.00… amazing packaging … It looked like a big yellow football of bubble pack ……

that maxiblaster beam is unbeleeeeeeeeeeeeeeevable

Yes but the Leo-shop is for a CW KING and not the NW which is what the OP was looking for, and I don’t see any branding on the CW KING in his photos :expressionless:
Now if the OP decides he wants a CW KING instead, HKE has those too branded so you know they are the real deal and shipped for only $64.99