Moving to a foreign country?

You need a lot of money to be accepted in a foreign country. Some countries will allow you to come if you have a parent from there. Italy is one. Being in the EU, you can move to other EU countries from there.

I have heard that you need to bring into Malta about US$400,000 to get a long-term residence visa in the tiny former British colony. With this status, you can then easily travel throughout the European Union and enjoy life over there. But things may be different now, because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The same can be said for most people in the US and Canada.

We are all global citizens as far as Iā€™m concerned. Man made lines on a map only.

Malta requires you purchase at least EUR 700K in residential real estate to get permanent residency. I think Portugal requires EUR 500K, which is easily doable, especially if someone has a home in California that theyā€™ll be selling when they leave.

The problem is that recently people have been buying up properties in Portugal like crazy, sight unseen. So EUR 500K may not get you much these days.

Our home and the land that it's on is worth at least a million dollars (838,000 Euros).

I own 20% of that, but I don't know if I could persuade my family to move where I want to move.

I still prefer one country one nation.
US are many nations. And soon white people will be minority.
By the way, most beutifyl girls are in Ukrain and Russia.

Very profound statement, unfortunately , also incorrect. On all counts.

I currently live in Germany, England and the US. currently WFH because of the pandemic, but may relocate to California full-time afterwards.

Some parts of California are really nice, but housing can be pretty expensive.

Yes, I am looking for a place outside of Los Angeles. But SoCal in general is pricey. Lots of flashlight money going out for rent :frowning:
But I am currently in London and other places, it would be cheaper to relocate to a fixed place.

If you're close enough to the coast, you'll have way more clean air.

One problem with the Los Angeles area is that traffic is crazy during certain hours.

Some parts of the day, it's best not to be on the road if you don't like traffic.

May be. I would like my stizens to be same nation as me.

Tangra, I donā€™t think you fully understand the meaning of America and the Latin phrase: ā€œE Pluribus Unumā€ . The USA was never a single people. It was settled by many countries. It was and will always be the greatest country in the world. This is why people spend their entire life trying to get here and become US Citizens. Citizen is with a C BTW. We have freedoms and opportunities here that simply donā€™t exist elsewhere. We have the greatest universities in the world. If you cannot afford to go, you can get loans, or grants. If you cannot afford a house, you can get financial assistance. If you cant find a job, there are free services to help you get a job. You can be anything you want to be here. You can become anything your heart desires. The USA is and will always be the #1 country in the world. This is why we say GOD BLESS AMERICA.

Yes I do 100%. And I will bet anyone on BLF a new L7 with SBT90.2 that RC will never leave.

Many people contemplate leaving, but when they do the research as to where to so, all of a sudden, the USA does not look so bad.

I thought RCā€™s question was hypotheticalā€¦

Yeah, it was.

I'm not leaving unless the U.S. becomes terrible.

Right now, it's probably one of the top 15 countries in the world.

The U.S. is also pretty big, with a population of about 333 million people, so there's a lot of variety in the U.S.

I think having pride in the country is pretty normal.

I want to make a comment regarding the comments posted by a couple of members but Iā€™d violate a couple of the BLF Rules and have to report myself.

I will say that I like where I live very much, but it is far from being a perfect country. Very many good points but still a work in progress.

Someone in USA does not necessarily have the choice to move to a country where they do not have citizenship.

as to whether USA is the bestā€¦ here is a list of the top ten quality of life countries:

USA is not in the top 10, unfortunately for me, since I was born and live here.