MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

I might have missed this, but are your BTU Shockers with the old DRY drivers?

I was wondering, if it’s not too much of a hassle, if you could compare Protected vs Unprotected Panasonic PF cells in the BTU w\ DRY, or BTU with a beefed up IOS/LCK/etc driver. Curious about amp draw.

any idea if flat top vtc5s will work in the securitying srk? i only ask because i was able to use sanyo ur18650fm (flat top) in my old king and those worked fine

SRK’s require Button Top batteries.

Some "flat tops" aren't true flat tops and will work. The Pana PF flat top will work in some lights but the Pana. B won't work at all like that. I haven't checked the VTC5 but will do so tonight.

Fantastic! I'm interested in FET electronics on a SRK size board and a 20mm board. Will you be selling bare boards or reflowing too?

Ready to run, if you want to do it yourself it would be much cheaper for you to purchase the boards yourself and save the shipping / extra PayPal fees. Check out the OSHPARK projects thread.

Also ordered some solder paste and a few other things to help the DIYers out there!

My hot plate barely gets hot enough, and might not really get hot enough. I'd really like to get a hot air soldering station to get easier and better results, but until then, I'd be happy if you did it for me. :) I really appreciate you offering both options. I'm already dreading the day you finish law school and close down shop.

Btw, the reason I really like the FET SRK board is because it means I can fill the pill with more thermal mass instead of having to leave it open for a floating pill.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C05118I/

$55, US seller, Amazon return policies are probably less hassle than ebay, and it comes with a spare heating element. Get one, you'll find uses for it other than just reflow soldering you never knew you needed.

No plans to close it down after law school, Lisa will continue to run it and in a few months my brother is going to start helping me out as well which should greatly decrease custom build wait times and allow me to increase the time I spend on other stuff such as keeping everything up to date and researching the latest and greatest. He will probably take over where I leave off. For now I have another helper I am training to help me work on a few things as well. Onward and upward we go!

Cool… can’t wait for the OSHPARK drivers :smiley:
BTW can’t you just use 1500 watt regular hair dryer for reflowing? :bigsmile:

Maybe the company doesn't want the truck running unattended for liability reasons. There may be a data recorder on the truck, so the boss will know if it's rarely shut off. Or they can see how long deliveries take, 10 stops with the engine shut off for <10 min. total will probably keep the boss happy.

If you’re in dire need:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141136982463?\_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I generally use the contact boards which are pretty simple with the hole pre-drilled. There are some cool OSHPARK boards out there now but they haven't been tested yet; there are sometimes a few bugs present in the new boards.

I've used these: http://intl-outdoor.com/amc71353-5mode-circuit-board-nanjg-ak47c20-p-596.html, and stacked up more 7135's. Actually still have about 3 of them left, haven't tried programming them but think they are Tiny13A's. I did though order the OSHPark 20's though.

holy moly!.. $12? I might as well just get FET based driver from RMM mountain store :smiley:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Flashlight-Driver-Copper-Adapter-Ring-17mm-To-20mm-/130992009627

Have been on sale for $1.79 W/ free shipping.

i like, i wish fasttech had them though

Hey guys, I set up a new shipping option on the website for boxed Priority Mail shipping. The prices seem high, that's because I set them for a worse case, by weight, scenario. There are some items that aren't very heavy, but are very bulky, and won't fit in flat rate boxes, so they will be shipped by weight in one of my own boxes. If I can use a flat rate box and it will save significant cost over what you are billed, the difference will be refunded.

my securitying got here today! oh yes! this thing is nice!

any idea when those 25r 18650 button tops will be back in stock?

Its always shown as $1.99 + $1.00 shipping in my favorites. Did I miss something?