MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

sorry, I meant the 16340 flashlight offerings. They are gone. Unless he has moved them from the flashlight page.

I don’t see them listed either. Oh well, at least I got 3.

Maybe they don't bring in enough $ to be worth the time to build.

I finished my MTG2 S3 build and took it camping along with the M6. I can’t stop grinning. I put one of Richards FET Zener drivers in the S3 ’cus I’m a little nuts. It has the 60 second step down from turbo- but I can’t hold the light long enough on turbo to test that out. Wow does it get hot fast! But ooh the beautiful wall of light is amazing. I had people coming out to ask what the heck was that little light. In the lower modes it works great without the smell of burning bacon or whimpers from me holding it. On medium it slowly gets very warm. I wish the pocket clip would fit it but the holes are too close on the host. People are so amazed at the volume of light from this little grenade of light that twice at work I have been asked if the light is legal.

The M6 with the 2nd mod we all know is a show stopper, but using the lower modes is really useful too. My wife liked using the 3rd level of brightness with the light like a candle stick and using the ceiling bounce to illuminate the entire pop-up tent. “Honey, can I use that big light again in the trailer?”

Thanks Richard for sourcing the goods and fueling the addiction.

That poor avatar puppy! :wink: My Lab would just bite me lol.

….darn rest of post cut off…

scotty, could you post your build list? S3, G2, zener mod, which batteries did you like and what temp G2 did you go with? Did you have to cut down the reflector? If you made a build post I missed it.
thanks, Mike

I did a build thread here where I fried my first driver. (Learning to solder and learning from mistakes) The reflector took a lot of work. It still sits too high in my opinion. I think the reflector should sit flush with the emitter if not a tad lower. The second go round I got it to work without the reflector, then when I made a gasket from a silicon clickie cover it rode too high to close. So after taking a pause for profanities I figured out my leads to the MCPCB were very thick/tall so I smashed them flat and sanded a bit. Still too tall so I dremelled grooves and cut off as much aluminum as possible from the sides of the reflector to give more clearance and allow the light to be closed. I have no files, no drill press and I’m learning by doing and from what I read on the forum. Therefore the work is no where near as pretty as I would like. But I’ll get there. All parts are from Mountain Electronics. I will post a picture when I figure out where my phone is. (I hope this all makes sense, I’m on norco after hurting my back and I’m a lightweight so this might only make sense to me) I’ll have to finish the build thread when I’m not so dizzy and groggy.

thanks for the link. Take care of the back. Here at work, bone spur and all, I have to eat 500mil aspirin now and then.

So, get well soon!

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been as active here lately. I have been very busy with everything going on with your orders, law matters, and family. I just got through some very difficult cases and last weekend I was working hard on everyone's orders, except for when I was out doing this:

I do have a few other hobbies besides flashlights and law school, I just don't get to do them very much anymore so when I do it's a real treat!

I also just added the CUXP P60 drop in (same as the IOS version) which you can look at here.

The VTC5s should be arriving tomorrow, for those of you who pre-ordered. There are more 26650s and tons of other cells on the way that should be in stock by the weekend. The new, brighter binned, 5000K MT-G2s are on the way and will hopefully arrive soon.

Regarding the 16340 lights, there was a mix of issues that caused me to pull the lights. I had all of the hosts in hand when I made the listing, but as I started building them I noticed that a lot of the lights had mismatched finished parts, bad switches, or other defects. I immediately sent the defective lights back and was told that I would receive replacements. About two weeks later it looks like that isn't going to happen. I built all of the lights I could with the good hosts, but I still ended up about two lights short. I am kind of bummed out about the whole deal. I gave a few options to those few who had already ordered lights that I couldn't provide.

Glad you got the opportunity to get out and have some fun!

Will these P60 dropins handle 2x18650 batteries?

No, single lithium battery only.

ok thank you very much, all i needed to know before i ordered.

What is the actual voltage rating of the CUXP P60 drop-in. Thinking of doing some machining to adapt it to use in a 3 or 4 NiMh powered Mag-Lite. Is it rated to 5 or 6V maximum? Also what is minimum voltage?

6V maximum, minimum is going to be around 2.9V with the stock programming or the LED's minimum forward voltage (generally around 2.5V anyways). That said, everything above the LED's required vF for the current selected is going to be turned into heat by the 7135 chips. You could run it on 4 weak cells, but with four fresh D NiMH cells I'm suspecting that heat on high may be an issue with the 7135 chips, so you would probably be better off running it with 3 cells vs. 4 cells. I have built a few 3D mag mods using the qlite driver and they worked great, but I also disabled the low voltage monitoring so you could run the cells dead without any worries.

4 weaker cells wouldn't be an issue since under a load their voltage would sag quite a bit more than 4 big NiMH cells.

I've never seen anyone adapt a P60 into a Mag-Lite. The ones I've done have been with a larger SST-90 type reflector/pill machined down to make good contact with the head of the Mag-Lite. These have worked great but I've only ever tried for 3A. For higher output than that you'll have to go with a custom heatsink.

Wish I was there. Whats the new MTG-2?

Steve, if I’m getting it correctly the new MT-G2 is a higher binned version of the old one, putting out more lumens like the U2 vs the T6. Could be wrong.

THE S3s are BACK IN!

ORDERED ANOTHER! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

A few notable things:

• The XTAR once-a-year sale ends tomorrow, 7/9/14
  • A lot of items just came back into stock; here are a few notable ones:
    • Sony VTC5 Cells
    • 5000K MT-G2 P0 on 20mm Noctigon (along with a $1.85 price drop)
    • XinTD V5 Flashlights in XM-L2 1A & T6
      • Holsters are out of stock, but if you order now I will ship the holster later when I receive them.
    • S3 EDC Triple Flashlight
    • S3 Hosts (Black and Grey)
    • A few other things as well!

It looks like I should probably get my order in, then! :slight_smile:

(I was kind of hoping the screw-on clips would come back in stock in time for my next order, but it seems I missed out on those)

I’m getting confused as hell and need some help. I’ve been eyeballing the S3 with the 4.4 amp driver for awhile now and I’m ready to pull the trigger. I was ready to get some Panasonic NCR18650BD protected to go along with the light, however, I read in the light description that the 20Rs or PFs are recommended. The protected NCR18650BD should be able to handle the current. Am I shorting myself by picking the NCR18650BD?

Thanks!