MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

From what you posted when you developed it I thought that it was going to become the new standard. The old ASSume problem raises it’s head again. Any way on your order menu that people can choose which version they want or even know that two versions exist?

Notice the “quotations” :wink: . I lifted the Vcc leg on the MCU and now I can control it with a mini click switch. This is what I do for all Maglite mods. It keeps the side switch functional, opens driver options considerably, and the best part, allows you to run high currents with reliable switching.

No it isn't the standard. So far it has been a "by request" option, but I will probably add it as an option sometime in the future along with the hold for strobe option.

got the Efest…awesome packaging!

Stuff came in packaged nicely. Will order from you again :slight_smile: . The mailman looked like he was in a good mood today- so I was expecting the worst

Hey guys, this thread was getting too crazy to be able to effectively sell garage sale items & limited build lights.

Check out the new thread periodically to see what's available!

Thanks!

Sorry Richard, I know its probably been asked before, but what’s the ETA on protected NCRPF’s?

Wednesday or Thursday is the ETA. Sorry for being out of stock on so many cells! We sold a lot during the move, then there have been a few other delays getting the cells here.

A word of warning to those that have or are building Triple XPLs with the DD17 in any small host and especially the Cypreus… Laying down reading this evening somehow I turned the light on in my pocket, burning a hole in the pocket of my slacks and burned my thigh. Not bad, so far just one blister. Could have been worse! Just thought a word of warning might be good for the others that have or are contemplating a stupid bright light.

Mmmmm, does anyone smell bacon?

You were forewarned!

Those stupidly bright lights aren’t toys and probably shouldn’t be carried around in your pocket in an EDC fashion. And take the battery out when not in use holy moly glad you still have your leg !

You are both right! I think I love it more now! Mooo-ha-ha-haaaa!

Anybody know where I can find nomex underpants?

http://simpsonraceproducts.com/racing-suits/nomex-underwear/

Why I prefer a shrouded tail switch for a pocket carry light. Richard’s S3 seems unlikely to turn on in a pocket.

This is what you need .

AOEU, that’s hilarious! I was honestly looking at those Simpson underpants ’till I saw the price. LOL. I mean why not I’m a moron walking around with an incendiary device in my pocket… maybe it would be a good idea. But $100 -you know how much stuff I could get at Richards store for $100!
Then I saw your post- I thought- Does that come in blue? I’m not sure I could accessorize with that color of green and the trousers would make my legs look fat and diminish the curve of my buttocks… Where do you guys find these things, that’s awesome.

Nomex racing wear has been required by virtually all racing organizations for 20+ years IIRC. Fire used to be one of the largest killers in F1 and Indy car racing and wiped out a few Nascar racers too. Open wheel cars used to have fuel tanks practically surrounding the driver with no rubber safety bladders inside or other accident fuel containment devices. Like sitting inside a Zippo just waiting for a impact and a spark.

If I were to EDC a light like yours, Scotty, I would set the driver for no memory and to always start on low...or at least medium. Less accidental chance for a hazard situation.

Richard, you are correct again, that would be the rational thing to do. I prefer hazard with two “Z’s” :stuck_out_tongue: I wonder if I could jimmy an omten reverse clicky and have a stiffer spring. Most likely the heat/amps are softening the spring that’s in there even though I put copper braid on the spring. How frustrating. I don’t want to disable that direct hop into full but I don’t want to be immolated as well. Could I get someone to program the Star OS with 3 modes and swap the drivers so that I could go from off to “Full-Stupid” in just 3 clicks?

Richwouldnt, a shame such a good product comes from such tragedy. There is a line of clothing called Wickers that is a weave of wool and cotton in such a way as to make it very flame retardant. Wicks away sweat and resists burning until it crumbles. They aim their product at soldiers. The heat from IEDs frequently melts the standard uniform onto or into the skin necessitating lots of skin grafts. But it’s almost as expensive as nomex and soldiers don’t get paid much. I wish they could be issued to the soldiers.