MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

Got my latest order Richard, thanks! :slight_smile:

Hopefully soon on the UF-T20. I put in the order several weeks ago, but I haven't received tracking information yet. That said, I did receive a notice from UPS that a large package is coming tomorrow that I didn't know was coming, so that might be them.

I just got shipment notice on the XinTDs, so they should be here by next week or this weekend.

Glad you like the dropin!

However, the D2 works smashingly for 26650 cells (if you don’t mind the relatively slow charging speed). And I’ve heard that the D4 works but may only be able to fit one cell at a time (inner slot) unless you add some sort of adapter (for an outer slot).

I’m pretty happy with my D2. It can charge nearly any Li-Ion/LiFePO4/NiMH battery, it uses good charge algorithms, it displays realtime progress details, both bays are totally independent, and my particular unit stops at 4.18V (I prefer a slightly less-than-maximum charge, to prolong cell life). It has replaced my old Nitecore i4 charger, which lacked the nice display and LiFePO4 support and low-current option and overcharged to 4.24V.

I still have a UF-T20 waiting to be modded. It kind of got forgotten when I decided to use a JAX Z1 instead.

On that note, do you know if it’s possible to order just an optic for the JAX Z1? I got one as a host and its glass is slightly deformed so the throw is about 20% lower than it should be. Still works fine, but if there’s a way to get another optic I’d be very interested. If not, I’ll continue to use it as-is.

Use that i4 for Samsung 28A's, full charge is @4.30V.

Recently there was a discussion here of XTAR lights and why Richard does not carry them. There is one light that, based on my purchases on Amazon, is reasonably cheap and seems to be the best of it’s type. This is the Xtar UL1 USB powered light. It converts any USB power pack to a claimed 180 Lumens flashlight. It includes a approximately 225mm USB flex cable which allows the light, attached to a USB battery pack, to be pointed in any direction without moving the power pack. The lowest price I found on Amazon for it is about $12 as I recall.

With a sizable USB power pack it should make an excellent emergency light that lasts well with the added versatility of the flex cable allowing use as a lamp.

IMO worthwhile carrying if available without carrying all the Xtar Flashlights.

Richard, FYI you show the length of the LG ICR18650E1 3200mAh button top battery to be 16.7mm. That can’t be true. :slight_smile:

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_88&product_id=192

I ought to start an official proofreading thread.

Be careful who you choose to be your attorney! Hopefully that person possesses good writing skills and has great attention to detail.

Do you still use LEDseal on your dedomes? I have a can, I'm just debating if it's worth it.

Yes. It helps protect the LED from damage during shipping and installation. I think if you are putting them in your own light and are careful it isn't necessary.

BG has them.

How accurate are tailcap amp readings? I have a qlite with 12*7135 on a Panasonic laptop pull that’s only reading ~2.5A. This is my meter http://thd.co/1iWLTqJ

with original, thin and long strips… NOT accurate :wink:

try some short, thick wires…

would 6-8 inches of 12 awg work? or do i need shorter and thicker?

That’s fine.

thanks for the help guys, I’ll not hijack this thread any further

Will be you be receiving more protected NCR18650PF's in the near future, or a restocking for your protected cells in general?

Yes, they should be here next week. Also take a look at the new NCR18650BDs. They are basically a slightly higher capacity version of the PF.

Richard, I don’t mean to rush you. I know you’re busy, but would like to know if my order for the MT-G2 and the Zener mod driver with MCU removed has shipped yet, or estimate of when it might ship. Thanks!

does anybody have experience with these enova IMR’s?
>> http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_88&product_id=396

how do they compare with the Samsung 25R’s at 5amps?