MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

rmm if i replace the mosfet of the east-92 driver with Rectifier IRFR3711ZTRPBF N Channel MOSFET will it work ? or i need to make changes to the driver firmware?

It will work, but if I remember correctly some of them were firmware limited (didn't go to 100% PWM).

ic thanks.

Dude, where did you find a time machine...

Ordered 4 18650 batteries last Friday (12/26). They were in my mail box today, the following Monday (12/29). RMM is in Washington state. I'm clear on the opposite corner of the country in Georgia. I've never seen the postal service move that fast.

Excellent service, and will be buying from you again in the future.

I just got my BLF17DD kit…. I totally underestimated how tiny these pieces are…

Can someone link a good picture of a complete driver so I can tell where everything goes?

Really? … I guess the thread has been pushed down a little, but a search easily pulls up what you want. Tom E - BLF17DD Info Thread - Reference (try the terms BLF17DD picture)

Wow, this pretty fantastic stuff. Wish I knew about this before. So, any plans on a 365 NM UV emitter in XPG footprint?

Sorry Wight?
Thanks Wight?

:wink:

I was going to ask the same thing. Convoy is selling the bare LED on their Aliexpress page. I hope Richard carries them mounted on Noctigons. Then pick out one of the Convoy host that Richard carries, a 1.04 or 1.4 amp driver and you got yourself a 365nm UV scorpion or NDT light.

Hi Richard, I am curious about the color XP-E2 on noctigon you have on your site. I have purchased both red and green and driving them each at 1.9A, but I notice on your site the blue XP-E2 is recommend to be driven only at 1.1A max. Is it because there is not much gain after 1.1A?

Thanks!

I was just about to ask that myself! I want to put the Royal Blue XP-E2 in a small tube light and am not sure how far to go with the current level. Planning on a full copper star under it so could it take 2A?

I did build a small Convoy S2 EDC 18350 with the XP-E2 Blue for my wife and it’s much brighter than I expected. Painfully so if shone in the eyes up close so I think it would actually work for some self defense situations when in a bind.

The blue is so nice I decided to try the Royal Blue. :slight_smile:

Richard, I’m experiencing a problem with me zeiner MTG2 M1. After being on high for (literally) a few seconds it kicks down to something between low and medium and won’t stay in high more than a few seconds. The cells are fine, resting voltage was around 4 volts per cell when I just now took them out. This driver has the stock number of 7135’s so its not taxing the cells to the point that it sags down below Vf, is it?

djozz - blue and green XP-E2, output tests

IIRC Royal Blue is both painful to look at and dangerous to your vision. I assume that Royal Blue maxes out between 2 Amps and 3 Amps.

dilemma : solder triple mpcb on copper s2 spacer or just use thermal paste ? (i am afraid after solder it might not center well with the optics) what have you done?

If the spacer and mcpcb are very close to the same size, or if the spacer is slightly larger diameter, then re-flowing it will result in a self-centering action on the wet solder. If the size difference is too much, put a nut and bolt through the center hole and clamp it together with the solder paste between them, then heat it.

The Fab we got the Tiny10’s from will do boards down to .8 mm no extra cost or .6 mm for a surcharge and you can order as few as 10 I think. Smart Prototyping. A new FET+7135 design in 15mm(sand able)might be worth a batch run. As I recall we did a small test run from Oshpark before the larger batch.

Rufus, that sounds like a plan. I've got a 15mm Fet design almost ready to roll, but it's holiday time with the family so it's on the back burner.

Nofear, soldering is slightly better thermally and centering is easy with a bolt through the two, but you've got to be careful when you tighten down the assembly not to torque the lens mount legs too much and break them (along with a forceful dedome).

ic thanks for the tips guys and happy new year.

A bit early, but IT'S ALIVE! <---you need some of these when this thing turns on in the room!

WazSupDogFire™

This is the first working prototype, but so far it is working great, sucking down batteries at an alarming rate, and putting out a huge wall of light. 9x XP-G2 3C with 10507 optics and 3x XP-L 3D with 10508 optics. The XP-L and XP-G2 emitters can be lit up either at the same time or separately. I don't have my light meter with me right now, but it is a lot of lumens. The hotspot isn't brighter than a standard M6, but it is about 4x wider with a ton of spill. This thing reminds me a lot of the modded J12s I've done, but obviously can't run for nearly as long before overheating or running out of juice!