MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

Hey Scotty, momentary switches or e-switches are the only way drain is an issue. The mechanical switch kills power, no drain. :wink:

Exactly. In a clicky switch configuration save your money and just use a zener diode. It works well, is simple, cheap, and reliable.

Also, the U4s came in. We'll be shipping the pre-orders today and tomorrow.

Duh. Oy-vey! I need coffee.

’S all good! :slight_smile: A lot going on in the forum these days, some major change has been taking place and it can be fairly daunting to keep up with.

I can’t seem to find Pomona 5250 test clip in your shop. Now when you ship to Europe would you consider stock it?

Edit: Pomona seems to be a US company. Pomona Electronics | Performance and Dependability

New Stuff In Stock:

Back In Stock:

• 20mm AR Lens
  • XP-G2 R4 5A2 - 16mm - 20mm - Bare
  • Gold Plated Beryllium Copper Springs
  • XP-L V6 2C - 16mm - 20mm - Bare

A Few Other Things... I added a few lights to the garage sale page. There will be more added soon as we prepare for the move. I've to clean out all of my "extras"!

sweeet. I’m really excited for those qlite springs

I have a question… is there a shopping list for a triple Nichia Convoy EDC light? I’d like to build one, but would like to know if you can just buy off the shelf stuff and assemble it with minimal or no lathe and grinding work.

• Convoy S2/S5/S6 Host
  • Aluminum Spacer
  • Nichia Triple
  • Carclo optic
  • 17mm driver of your choice

The only extra work you have to do is to drill a hole in the middle of the brass pill for the wires to pass through.

Thanks man!

> triple Nichia
> 17mm driver of your choice …

Advice welcome on making sensible choices

Placed my order in the morning.Got my shipping notice and refund in the evening.Good show, RMM.Thanks again for the great service, time and again!

That's Lisa for ya. She somehow juggles taking care of three kids (me, and the two younger ones) and keeping all of those orders and packages straight and rarely drops the ball. We still make mistakes sometimes, but we try to make it right when we do.

Which kid needs the most looking after?

I’m not sure BLF is the right place to find sensible people. :slight_smile:

I built a triple-XP-G2 a few days ago from RMM’s parts, and it was fairly easy. I went with a red Convoy S2+ because it’s pretty and has a nice metal button, but the pill is the wrong size to use with RMM’s spacer (I had to swap the pill with an older S2). Aside from that, I used a FET+1 driver because I wanted maximum turbo plus sane / efficient low modes. However, I do not recommend using a FET in these unless you give it a short turbo step-down and are careful about heat and make sure all the thermal interfaces inside the light are clean, flat, and properly thermal-pasted.

On mine, the maximum output is 2250 lumens… but I gave it a 2-level turbo step-down with only a 15-second timer, so it drops to 1050 lm then 425 lm in 30 seconds.

In general, I’d suggest following the recommendations RMM made on the S3 triple, under “Power Level”… instead of doing what I did and running it at twice the maximum power level he sells.

Does he really have to answer that?In my house and I’m sure many others, the answer is clear!

The answer is Ever Clear

What fun is sensible?

I just finished machining a spacer for my little triple. Is that firmware version in your repository? I’ve got a MTN - 17DDm and XP-L’s so I just might need a short turbo timer.

Hi Richard… This is really interesting… do you maybe have more information?

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/33264