MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

Aliexpress was being censored where you used to live?

AliExpress's escrow service requires a tax and license in Washington State. AliExpress/AliPay refused to get a license.

RMM

Randar has several different LED centering rings/gaskets.

Maybe this might replace the 8 point hole XP rings you are missing. Too bad they are white instead of clear.
10PCS\LOT 8.4x1.5mm XP LED plastic insulation fixed position positioner for CREE XP-E XP-G XP-E2 XP-G2 XP-L 3.45x3.45mm chip LED

This ring for the 6.8mm Nichia UV LED might work for the 7mm XHP70 without too much if any work. There isn’t any XHP70 rings available out there so this might be the only option and you’d also have to open the reflector to match the rings OD. Having a round hole might be a good thing since the XHP70 substrate gets hot and only the corners will touch the ring. I remember Old Lumens melting some rings in one of his XHP70 triples.
13.9x1.2mm UV LED plastic insulation fixed position positioner for NICHIA 365 6.8x6.8mm UV led

Hey guys, so here's the story: With my last Convoy shipment, I received an extra package along with a very panicked e-mail stating that I had been shipped one package in error. The cost of shipping back the package was very high, so I decided to help Simon out and purchase the package, which contained some things that I don't stock.

Tomorrow I will be posting a full list of items on the website. Pricing will be competitive. Here is a general list of what to expect:

• BD01 Flashlight
  • BD04 Flashlight
  • S3 flashlights in various tints and output levels
  • S2 flashlights in various tints and output levels
  • S2+ flashlights in various tints and output levels
  • S3 Host (new style with integrated shelf)
  • Some batteries:
    • LG Purple 3200mAh 18650
    • Sanyo UR18650ZY 18650
    • Sanyo/Panasonic NCR18650BF 18650
    • Samsung ICR18650-26F 16850
  • Some other odds and ends.

I was wondering what to buy while I wait to be gotten back to on a car part…mystery solved. I might have to take one of those BD04’s off your hands, Richard. (provided it really does charge through the tailcap safely)

The Convoy BD04 is a nice zoomie. I did a review on its ThorFire cousin and was impressed by its quality. Simon thought it was a nice enough host for the new Convoy UV flashlight with a 365nm Nichia . I think we all now know why he no longer sells the Convoy S2 with the Chinese UV LED. I just hope the Blue S2+will have a Nichia UV option on top of the multiple XM-L2 tints. DID YOU HEAR THAT SIMON? :wink:

Richard are you restocking Efest 16340 v2 anytime soon? Only other place I can find them is eBay and more expensive.

Yes, I am planning on it, but it may be a week or two until I get them.

OK, here is the misc. sale link.

Check back often, as I will be adding more stuff periodically (I haven't listed much yet).

I thought I saw somewhere that a cap is no longer required for offtime memory. Is this the case?

There are some firmwares that use the RAM trick, but I'm not currently using any of them.

No, I missed the BD04 :frowning:

If you need them now, IMRbatteries.com in texas has them in stock
https://www.imrbatteries.com/16340-batteries/

Okay, so I’m trying to put together a couple mtn17dd drivers, and I had a couple questions. On Richard’s site , the diagram of where everything goes shows two capacitors, but he only shipped me one per set, so can anyone tell me if it goes on the otc or c1 spot? (follow the link and there is a diagram) Also, does the orientation of the mcu matter?

as you’re looking at the board layout on Richard’s page, the Atmel chip writing would be upside down if placed properly. orientation does matter.

you should have a 10uf and 1 uf capacitor - the OTC is 1uf.

I cannot say about the OTC but the orientation of MCU does indeed matter. From lack of experiece I do not know how to tell you but there is an indicator for pin 1 I believe

Hmmm, so will the drivers not function with only one capacitor?

I’d make sure you have the 1uf and 10uf so that it runs as intended. you could get it to run without them, but without c1 the driver would probably act crazy on mode changes. I’ll let someone more technical chime in on that part. You do want the other cap for OTC unless you don’t need off time mode changes - but trust me you want it.

What firmware did you order?

There should be a small dot or indent in the MCU, that indicates the first pin. You can look this up in the data sheet of the MCU, just in case ;).