MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

It depends on your tolerance for heat, but I would go with either 120 or 180 seconds. The C8 can take a bit of heat. Make sure to copper braid the tailcap spring.

Thanks!
Will do!

Could Richard be generating business as a divorce attorney?

Na, silly idea. Forget i mentioned it.

I got a burning question, what would be brighter if using a FET driver, a XP-L HI V2 1A or a XP-G2 S4 1A when using a Sanyo NCR18650GA

Thanks in advance for your help.
AlexGT

I would think that depends if you mean brighter as in lux or lumens? Lumens for the XP-L but i think the XP-G2 should out lux the HI XP-L but it could be close, if you dedome the XP-G2 it should out throw the XP-L HI more clearly i think, but this is just estimates maybe someone who have actually measured this could clear this up.

Another complication is are you planning to use it in a reflector, optic or lens light? That could also change things

Looking at djozz’s graphs, it looks like XP-L HI should emit more lumens at the same power levels. It also makes a more consistent tint, with less of a rainbow effect going from the center to edge of the beam.

Nice

Another product similar to this, i know a lot of BLF X6 & BLF A6 buyer who don’t mod would like, is a drop in pre bypassed tail spring/switch pcb either in switch pcb through the spring style like Dale, or just a normal bypassed spring with wire or braid.

There are thousands of these lights out there now and probably only a fraction of those ever get modded, but most users can fit a pre bypassed tail spring/switchpcb for a nice lumens boost.
And the biggest benefit for you Richard, is it might be the first modding some of these users have ever done and you know when they start they will continue :wink: and buy more modding supplies from you.

Just think about it :slight_smile:

I wonder if it would be possible to “build up a box to mail” over a few days and then have whatever drivers I’m lucky enough to get top that off — wait and send everything together once the “if-you-are-lucky” items are bought and paid for.

That might be way too much annoyance for the shipping folks. It might also save some postage and effort, though.

The XP-L HI will put out more lumens, but especially in the V2 bin the XP-G2 will have slightly higher intensity, although the XP-L HI is close. For throw in the Carclo optics I still think that the best is a set of dedomed XP-G2 emitters. I really should put up the 0D as a triple dedomed option because it is definitely one of the very best dedomed tints I've ever seen--I take that back; the few I have dedome are the the best dedomed tint I've ever seen.

Do you plan to carry attiny25? Maybe tiny85 too?

It is possible to stack chips on the FET+1 w/A6 FW, and what would be the max amount? I’m modding a Eagletac M30LC2C and want a higher low and med modes without having to power the FET. Thanks

As long as you’re ok with increasing the minimum possible moonlight level then you can stack as many as you like.

Will, Halo is right, you’ll also increase the level of moon because the firmware is set at a percentage of full power, so instead of a level derived from 350mA, you’ll be getting it from 700 or whatever. So all levels on the 7135 channel will increase, not just low and med.

Say we wanted 2% of max, and the chip gave us 700mA with one stacked. 255 is the maximum in the firmware, so it’d be set at a level derived for the 350mA on the original driver, which would be 2% of 350mA or a setting of 5 in the firmware. This same setting (5) will now give 14mA draw instead of 7mA, or thereabouts. This is going to bump your lumens output quite a bit, from around 14 lumens to about 50 lumens in moon. As long as you’re aware of this, then yeah, go for it.

To keep a low moon level you’d have to re-flash the mcu with a rewritten firmware to accommodate the lower requirement. Not sure how well it would work, as it’s already going to be set at 3 in the firmware, you might not have enough headroom to get a reasonable moon mode with stacked chips.

Yes, but you will have to change the firmware values. The values I have set in the firmware won't light up two chips on the lowest value.

I somehow lost my subscription to this thread…. hopefully this post will do the trick!

Thanks!

Yes, I will start carrying them as soon since some of the extended firmware options are really starting to take off now.

Sale is active, only 70 67 43 left though. Thank you RMM.

I have absolutely no will power. But honestly…how could I not buy a couple?

oh boy I wish there are still some left when I get more money :cash:

Thnx Richard! Ordered some stuff. :bigsmile:

2 of those fet drivers, convoy c8 and a xp-l HI and some more. Can’t wait to start building.