MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

Fair enough, and in fact I think I recall you making that specific recommendation (going from 8x to 12x or more for MT-G2 applications).

I’m a little surprised that 1x7135’s internal protection couldn’t quite handle it, but there must be a limit to everything. :slight_smile: Thanks for the info.

When using the tiny25 you could gain some room by losing the two voltage divider resistors. Attiny25/45/85 can measure battery voltage without them. See my post here: Flashlight Firmware Repository - #790 by Halo

Yes, but it isn't as precise, and ToyKeeper would be very upset with me if I reduced the voltage readout accuracy!!!

I can make it fit. 0402 aren't that small.

ToyKeeper commented that there should still be enough accuracy since we have resolution to spare currently.

I was think'n (maybe dreaming?) the 12mm board would have all this extra space over a 10mm board, hhhmmm, well a little more?

On anything smaller than a 15mm board an SO8 MCU isn’t very practical for single-sided applications. Take a look at my 10mm/12mm/15mm “DD-L” drivers for comparison if you like.

Well this was good timing for me to read this thread. I just pulled apart my Cu Tool to begin modding it with a 12mm FET driver. But with a purpose built one being released I will save this driver for something else.

Richard, this has probably been answered plenty of times before, but can an XHP35 be run on a FET driver from a 3S carrier?

The LD-2 can be modified to run the XHP-35 from 4 cells, 3 might not be enough overhead for the 12V emitter.

Ok, I feel like this has to have already been asked, but I did a ctrl-F for ’S2’ and went several pages back. So, is there any estimate on when you might be getting any red or blue hosts along with the shortened tubes :smiley: I have a pretty large order to place and wanted to do it all in a single order. If it’s going to be a while on the S2 hosts I’ll just place the order for everything else. And, thank you.

How would you wire this? Series? Parallel?

The cells has to be in series.
The ld-2 is not a boost driver.

Ordered my lumintop tool, hope I’m the lucky one.

Ordered my lumintop tool, hope I’m the lucky one.
[/quote]

buy all 20 and you’ll be the lucky one :smiley:

As soon as Convoy gets them to me. They have been really dragging lately and do not communicate well, so I am a bit in the dark myself.

Would it make sense to stack two and cut the duty cycle more? Moon wouldn’t be quite as low but the wattage would be split between the two chips.

Yes it will help a bit, but not too much. I would just use the 7135 for moonlight and maybe 2% levels, then let the FET do all of the others.

If anyone is looking for a triple X6 setup RMM has a couple that he’s selling…here.

I am interested! How is the thermal capacity on this thing? Also, is it strictly a thrower or is it a nice combo of flood and throw?

The thermal performance is pretty good; much better than the small tube light triples. There is a lot more mass and more important, surface area to help transfer heat.

It is definitely not a thrower. The beam is smooth and creamy, but is only slightly tighter than what you get from the smaller triple optics like the 10507, so it is fairly floody but manages some distance due to sheer output. I imagine that if you polished the face of the optic to get rid of the texture it would tighten up a bit, but the point of a light like this is pure lumen output and not throw. If you want throw then you would be better off with a single XP-G2 and a reflector.

Polishing the face of the CUTE-3 looks neat, barely helps beam profile at all. Just sayin.