MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

Thanks!

Richard do you plan to stock the new XP-L W2 soon? Dale reported that these have smaller dome and can fit under the carclo without modifications!

I ordered 2 bare emitters from AE but for a triple I would rather buy them already mounted on the noctigon.

I am also interested in one or two W2 emitters

These clips do fit the Convoy!

Richard or anyone who has played with the Carclo 10158 catadioptric optic: I’m having trouble focusing it. Looking into the optic, there is a dark ring near the center that doesn’t reflect the LED. See here for some pics. Have you had similar or different experience with it?

… so I’ve checked back every waking hour of every day for 61 days. Alas, to no avail. :frowning:

Have you tried moving back farther and then looking? Like from several meters away?

So far from about 2.5m away. But from moving my head around in the beam a bit, it didn’t look like it was a focus issue that could be fixed by moving farther away. I could be wrong though.

Richard, quick question please. I am about to place an order and I have discovered that I have given all of the plastic 18650 insert spacers away to people that have bought lights and want to keep the option of going between Lithium ion and regular alkaline cells. I have 2 of my personal lights here that I still need 1 or 2 for. I have not gotten around to making a permanent sleeve for them.

I have looked and looked and am having a really hard time finding anyone that sells them.

Do you guys keep any on hand, I will gladly pay for a couple and add to this order.

If so just let me know as soon as you can how they may be listed on your website.

I can wait maybe another before checking out this order.

If I do not hear from you in an hour or so I will just complete my order and my next nights off fix this problem and get a permanent sleeve in there.

Thanks,

Terry

Same clip seems to be making the rounds at AX and ME as above, and seems to also be the same clip that FT has:

https://www.fasttech.com/p/4594500

I ordered a few of those clips with S2+ hosts a while back, and they work beautifully. Snap on w/o scratching the body, need a little pushing when wearing jeans to get into the actual deep-carry part, but they’re fairly grippy enough to keep the light from slipping out when sitting down.

I just looked, and they’re out of stock at ME, but they seem to be a common enough item to order almost interchangeably, so the ME version should work great, too.

From my experience, a dark doughnut-hole means the emitter isn’t into the reflector deeply enough (think of the Maglite Doughnut Hole Of Death as you defocus from spot to flood). Thicker spacers would make it worse.

Sometimes, the hole would be apparent close in, but gradually disappears the farther out the beam goes. Haven’t seen that personally, just parroting what I heard.

The nasty distortion in the pix you posted, unno, seems to be a problem with the reflector itself. Maybe someone sat on it in transit. Not kidding, either, as I just got some car lights in the typische yellow padded envelope… with a big honkin’ footprint on it. Thankfully the bulbs were sufficiently mummified in 6lbs of bubblewrap and packing tape that they worked, but still…

Duuuh, just saw you’re referring to a catadioptric doodad. I’ve got no experience with that, so take the above with the proverbial grain of salt. Distortion, though, may’ve still been damaged in transit. 60mm wide and 11mm deep is a mighty shallow dish, so yeah, maybe someone stomped on it in transit.

Hey Richard, do you think the Ledil Cute-3-SS might be available in the next couple weeks?

NightSpy, that is is very nice! I love these little meters, and have been prototyping some 3D printed housings for them myself. I assume you print face down as shown above? Are you using support material?

Wondering when the C8 host will be back in stock, I have one more build for Christmas I forgot!

Also I saw 5.42 amps at the tail with the XM-L2 U4 1A LED on Noctigon, I had been using Tpad and best I’ve gotten was 5.2, did I just happen to get a good one?

I have been using Bistro firmware, I set the temp sensor and when playing with it, it never ramped back up in brightness, only down. Is that normal? Also, can I request a less aggressive power drop since im using it in a C8 not a S3 Triples?

Also I want to say I have always gotten great service, quick response from RMM, no issues. However it is easy for a company to look good when everything is going right. My last order went wrong, there was an issue with the website so my order got lost. I sent an email and with in no time I got a response explaining what happened and apologizing. for my troubles, without asking for any type of compensation, they refunded my shipping to say sorry! This is what customer service is about! THANK YOU!

I just tried my first frosted narrow optic in the ReyLight Triple Ti that I just finished building. That is a really nice optic! Would not call it narrow, but really clean light dispersion and not artifacts anywhere!

Try sanding some of the frost off (1000 then1500 grit) of the optic then polish it ( Thanks Comfychair) I’ve been doing this with all my triples and even my M43—Focuses the beam some with still no artifacts

With holiday vacations very nearly upon us, is it safe to assume the lightbars aren’t being released until next year?

Oh, lucky me! Three packages from Richard arrived today. :smiley:

Richard, thanks for getting these out so quickly!

Merry Christmas everyone! I am very grateful to have such great friends and customers as all of you. It has been a crazy few weeks around here...from Thanksgiving until Christmas is pandemonium. Thanks for being patient!

I managed to build something special this year for my mother. She is a master organist and is always complaining that she can't see her music because it's too dark. For some reason, it's bad form in the organ world to ever turn music, so they just print everything super tiny and put it all up at once. I custom designed some boards with on-board regulators that fit right in place of the existing incandescent bulbs. It's pretty bright now! I hope that you all can take some time to spend with those who matter most in your lives, especially during this special season.

Merry Christmas!
-Richard