MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

I also edited my post to make the quotes work.

I’d go with #3, but it won’t hurt if it’s wrong. You’ll just need to change it, no harm done. I wonder why RMM uses #3?

Sorry I've been in South Dakota all day hunting some pheasants ... away from cell phone coverage (a good thing).

I do indeed use Star 3 on that driver. Why? It's easier for me to solder it without having the capacitor in the way. One switch wire to ground, one to Star 3.

That’s a very practical reason. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hope you had a good trip! Might have been a bit unseasonably cold for you I suspect.

Ok I went SW- to star 3…wrapped it all up and it’s a no-go…light works but as previous (modes haven’t changed). I have four wires as described above. Nothing “new” connected to SW+. I connected the outer ring/ground wire on the 105c to the G pad on the M3 board. Not sure what to try next…

Not only does this take a steady hand, but patience! Wow…last time I did something like this was RC planes…back when you built them from sticks (I think now most buy them ready to go). Sharpened my soldering tip, that helped. I only smelled burnt hair once…

So the SW+ pad is currently unpopulated on your M6 driver?

SW+ on M6 driver has the fine red wire going to the switch (as original)

So I need another wire, 5 total? This would not match the original instructions I quoted…

Or am I lifting and/or moving one of the original switch wires?

Right on the second try: You’ll be moving one of the switch wires. SW- just connects to GND, and you may do that anywhere - the stock location is fine. SW+ needs to connect to your new PCB at Star3 however. There should be nothing connected to SW+ on the stock M6 driver.

I always remove the stock MCU, but I suppose it could probably be left on there. I've never tried it with it still in place.

As Wight noted, you won't be using the SW+ pad at all anymore on the stock driver. You can move that to the new piggyback board.

I'm still in South Dakota, but I will be back next week.

I connected the end of the star 3 wire to the lifted SW+ and shrink tubed, that way I didn’t have to re-do the kapton tape. Works great. I like how low the moonlight is…thanks for all your help guys

Sounds like a winner!

any change you will get XP-L V6/XP-G2 S3 1A ? (I know those nowhere appeared yet)

Looking forward to any news related to triple XP-L X6 pack. I do believe all X6 have exact same measurements since this is a original product by EE and not offered by any other manufacturer so there shouldn’t be any variations, we can also ask members to measure theirs in the X6 thread. A central hole should be relatively easy for everyone to do, easiest way is using a hand drill or dremel. Same thing for the noctigon board…

Do we have any news from Hank? Last word we got is they should be available by the end of November.

I’ve been waiting for my X6 so long I’m no longer interested in modding it with a LD-1, more like using it as a host instead.

Richard, thereabouts when do you think you’ll get more of the RGBW XM-L drivers in stock? In time to get here before Christmas or will it be after?

And how does the stock of RGBW drivers/emitters become imbalanced? [by that, I mean what use would that driver have other than its complimentary emitter?]

Someone like Cereal_Killer might make their own driver, or someone might kill a driver or emitter. Someone might purchase emitters from somewhere else and drivers from Mtn, if either they were cheaper or the 20mm ones or they needed to meet a minimum for free shipping.

I made it back in town finally late last night, and Lisa will be back tomorrow, so things will get moving again. It will take a few days to get caught back up, but we will be working hard to get all of your orders done!

I have the XP-L V6 already (triple are out of stock); no S3 1A for now.

[quote] Richard, thereabouts when do you think you’ll get more of the RGBW XM-L drivers in stock? In time to get here before Christmas or will it be after?

And how does the stock of RGBW drivers/emitters become imbalanced? [by that, I mean what use would that driver have other than its complimentary emitter?] [/quote]

It will probably be after Christmas at this point, but it might get here before that. Some guys just use the driver (I'm not sure for what yet) and some guys do use other drivers with the emitter. I have actually had quite a few buy just a driver and no emitter.

Budget hosts and consistent tolerances don't always go together, but these should be close enough. No news on any of this yet.

Hope you had fun, now get back to work! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I’m itching to assemble my Convoy M2 and you’re holding me up. :bigsmile:
Would’ve bought more stuff but your cupboards were bare. :_(

are they 1A ? i am looking both xpl/xpg 1A